Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Phone Call


So heres what happened when Sammy called me up yesterday. Apparently he had gotten into some kind of argument with his mom, and needed to get out of there and blow off some steam. He had called me to see if I wanted to go out for something to eat or something. I had just eaten so I wasn't up for getting food, but just come over and we'll hang out. He said he'd call me back and let me know what he decided. He calls me up a bit later and says never mind, hes going to go hit some golf balls instead, to work off some of his frustration. During the course of our discussion he tells me to hold on a minute, and proceeds to order some food from a drive thru speaker. When he finishes and we resume, hes talking along, then suddenly says loudly "hey, quit that!!!" He then tells me that there is this drunk bum that keeps bumping into his truck. He continues talking to me, but this bum keeps on making a nuisance of himself. The bum starts bitching at him about how hes not 'American', to which Sammy replies that he was born here and is a far better example than his drunk ass, hes a joke. The bum grabs onto the car in front of Sammy by the door and the frame and tries to keep it from driving off. Then he was getting in front of Sammys truck and shooting him the bird. I told Sammy to get a picture, and thats what youre seeing here!!! He had to hang up with me to take the picture, but he called me back shortly thereafter. Hes back on the phone with me giving me play by play. The lady at the drive thru window threw glasses of water on him a couple of different times, and was telling Sammy to call the cops. He had to hang up a bit after that, but he called back later and related the rest to me. The restruant workers had called the cops four times before they had asked Sammy to, but of course they never did a thing. The wino was challenging Sammy to do something to him, telling him to run his ass down. THEN he says "its going to take a lot more than that to stop me!!!" Sammy goes "OK, then I'll back up over you, then get you again..." He keeps telling him that he cant do anything to him because hes inside his truck. Well, Sammy undoes his seat belt and opens his door, and starts going off on him!!! Well, the guy changes his tune real quick. Before he shuffles off he gets kind of sad and asks him "well cant you at least spare a little change???" LMAO!!! The whole incident was rather amusing to him, only he was somewhat disturbed that there were some young kids just inside the place, staring out the window the whole time. He waved to the little girl, probably about 8 or 9, that the guy was heading away and everything was OK. I guess all the people at the counter could hear him going on out there too, the main regester is right near the drive thru window. Before all this happened the guy had been inside the place making a nuisance of himself there before they had kicked him out. The lady at the drive thru gave Sammy one of the sandwiches for free. He says he felt better after that exchange, didn't feel the need to go hit golf balls anymore!!! Said the expereince was like a yoga session, he hadn't wanted to go home before it happened, but afterwards he was able to calmly go home, eat his food and go to bed.

And I got to listen to most of it happen in real time, it was almost like the fun with the phone!!!

3 comments:

Granny said...

That's tooooooooooo funny....Wish I had been there...OHHHHHH, I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE!!!

Lilly said...

hahah Go Sammy. Maybe that bum is my future husband? We both can throw up a mean middle finger. ha.
I'm sure you found all that amusing, i was amused just reading it. haha. too bad you didn't RECORD it. haha.

me said...

OMG, I can't believe you captured a picture of him! Our entire family has been looking for our dear Uncle Vinny for 16 years and there he is on your blog! You found him! How dare your friend not give my uncle Vinny that sandwich! You heartless cruel mean man! Oh poor uncle vinny! Poor long lost uncle Vinny!When the hell did Vinny lose his hair? Poor baby

Had you going didn't I?
I probably would have given him my sandwich though, I am a real sucker for obnoxious bums.

Thanks for sharing.
mztnffk: Manly Zoro thinks nats fly frigen kool
: )