Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Completely Random


A million things going through my head tonight and only so much time to blog, so I think its going to be really random tonight.

The Stones indeed did a great show for half time, IMHO, but was I the only one who noticed when Mick left a word out of the very first part of "rough justice"??? I was thinking of that part today, and it got me to thinking of the time they were on the Ed Sullivan Show and they made him sing "lets spend some time together", and the way you could tell Mick thought it was the biggest put-on while he was doing it. That got me to thinking of when The Doors were on it doing "light my fire" and they wanted them to censor it, and they said they would, but then didn't. 'You'll never do the Sullivan show again!!!' 'We just did the Sullivan show!!!'
That said, A Bigger Bang is about the best album I've heard in I don't know how long!!!

Whilst I'm on a musical tangent, I burned myself a new CD last week, and once again left a song I had wanted off, Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia". Green Day hit my radar with their first major label release, Dookie, but most of their stuff from that point up until American Idiot hadn't really struck much of a chord with me. It seems to me this album has picked up their stride once again. Favorite lines from that song:

I don't feel any shame I won't apologize
When there ain't nowhere you can go
Running away from pain When you've been victimized
Tales from another broken home
A good song that I'm enjoying and that did make it onto this disc is System of a Down's "Lonely Day"
A shout out to Jiminy Pink, glad to hear you enjoyed hearing about my concotion. It truly was one of those things where it was the cart was before the horse with the name, but I think it made for the perfect melding of events and ingredients!!! After reading through all my posts, my hat is off to you. I often wondered if someone coming across it cold would have their interest held. To me it seems like it would be rather uninteresting to anyone who didn't already know me. Thanks for encapsulating much of my blog history and taking me on a little trip down my own memory lane!!!

3 comments:

Lilly said...

i noticed RIGHT AWAY he got censored aye. I thought they did a fine job.
I like that CD also. :)
Green Day is also great!
I am going to try one of those drinks as soon as I can get all the stuff together. Prolly in the spring as I sit watching the daffodils come up.

me said...

Hey Aye! I posted something for you. But I need to figure out how to put links in the text, so I can direct to your blog. I totally understood where you were coming from with my recent numerous dark and dreary posts. I've been trying to do some, "soul searching" so to speak. I did enjoy your blog diversity, thanks again. Keep bloggin, my friend! : )
This post for you, dear
http://jiminypink.blogspot.com/2006/02/aye.html

p.s. I Love Green Day
Ta!

me said...

OMT=One More thing
I answered your questions on my site. ....reluctantly. : )