Monday, February 27, 2006

One Of The Things I Like About 4-Year Olds


One of the many things I like about 4-year olds: They are easily impressed!!! I had finished doing most everything I had to do at work today, and was feeling a little bored. I found a scrap of aluminum and cut it into several small sections, then got some practice welding it back together at all kinds of strange angles. I stuck the finished piece in my lunchbox and brought it home. When I got it home, I asked my youngest if he wanted to see what I made at work today. When I pulled it out, he went "ahhhhhhh!!!", like I had pulled a rabbit out of a hat or something!!!

5 comments:

Lilly said...

hahahaha.. it reminds me of the ghetto ashtray my sister made of tin foil that we used at the zillion dollar house. ha!

i wanna be 4 again! Here's to being 4 *cheers*

fnyoou = fat nuts yell ouch on umbrellas.

susan said...

Years ago, I welding some holes in an old rock-hoppen 16foot johnboat...what a mess I made of it, but I tried:)
Those holes kept getting bigger before I figured out how to flow the whole mess together. It didn't look anything like your nice and neat ashtray-paperweight.

Aye said...

I showed it to my older boy, too. He said "oh." I asked him if he was impressed, and he replied "its just a bunch of metal welded together." I told him that I wanted him to try welding some aluminum, then tell me its JUST a bunch of metal welded together!!!

Then I woke up this morning and remembered I'd forgotten to turn off the argon when I was done last night. The regulator has a leak, and the thing was empty when I got in this morning :(

PDJRQX = Pretty damned junky regulator quickly eXited

truth said...

bringing sharp metal objects home for the kids to play with.

priceless.

:)

Anonymous said...

Truth,
This paperweight is very smooth all around.So it's pretty safe in that sense. But there are some holes that fingers could get stuck in. So it's not goint to be a toy fur sure.

AABSTAWK= artistic actor bawling singing to a weird kabila