Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Pawn


"I shall bow to the noble pawn, whose little stock figure is willing to sacrifice its life to protect its fellow pieces. Although small, it does have its strengths. It's a one-of-a-kind player that can be exchanged for a higher-level piece, and sometimes the cutest little pawn can checkmate a king."

This was a response in the paper to a question posed to kids, "Which chess piece are you?" It was written by 9 year old Dahlia. I found it to be an amazing piece of writing and worthy of sharing here.

3 comments:

me said...

I am the Knight and shinning armor coming to your EMOTIONAL rescue!
hehe
Great post!
llqopbmh:Lucky ladies question open pawns...badly,madly... happily!

Lilly said...

interesting pic aye.
i cannot play chess. an idiot tried to teach me when i was 16. basically it ended up with me picking up the board and tossing it in his lap screaming "checkmate THIS motherfucker".
weird thing is, it seems both of my kids were born knowing how to play...

lcpiver = long colorful pank iris's very easily read.

Granny said...

I ain't no chess playah neithah...
I never even tried it...Looks way to complicated for this idjiot... I think it is a wonderful observation and article about that young girl Aye and, I like the pic too...

AOJCXCE: Aye Only Juggles Cuties Xtra Cleveage Everynight....