Sunday, March 19, 2006

To Park or Not To Park


That is the difference between my transmission going into park and not. The left one is the one that was in the tailshaft when I opened it up, and the one on the right is what the one I replaced it with looked like. It probably only costs something like twenty-nine cents if you could buy just one, but I had to buy a $3.99 assortment of 18 of them. I'm very pleased with the results, and also very thankful to Sam, a guy who is another student in my dad's auto body class. He works at a transmission shop and knew exactly what needed to be done, and was good enough to come over on his day off and help me take care of it. I told him I owe him one, if he ever needs anything custom fabricated or CNC'd, just let me know!!!

1 comment:

me said...

That's a good friend!
It's amazing how what looks like a tiny part can make such a big repair!
: )

lkssgbc: Little kathy says silly giggles being cute