Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rolling the Sphere


This is in Tomorrow land at Disneyland. They installed this giant stone sphere back in 1998 (I think) when they re-opened Tomorrow land. That was the first time I took my oldest son to Disneyland, I had won passes for the grand re-opening by calling up KLOS and having our pet parrot answer the phone for them. Every time the phone would ring, the bird would say "Hello... Hello, what's up???" Anyway, I've always been fascinated by this sphere. I can't go by it without going over and playing with it for a while. It sits on a stand with pressurized water underneath it, so it is semi-suspended and always moist. You can come up to it and push it in various directions and eventually get it spinning that way. There used to be water jet fountains all around it that would do dancing water patterns, but I guess they probably got tired of people complaining about getting wet and having park visitors trying to spend soggy money or something.

4 comments:

Serenity said...

Hey, that's pretty kewl Aye :)

susan said...

The world at you fingertips keeps getting bigger. Thanks for shareing the wet rolling stone, it's cool.

me said...

Oh, what a great pet parrott pt a pic up of him! please.

That sphere is cool!
Good one Susan!
: )
ctezqr: Crystal tulips enjoy zany questions randomly

Lilly said...

how cool. i am so glad you and your family had a nice time!

iguidcs = i giggled under indians damn crazy shit.