Sunday, March 26, 2006

Got Gumbo???

Disneyland was a lot of fun!!! Expensive, but that is to be expected when you go there. A family of four is already out $228 by the time you park and get in the front gates. I ended up spending almost $350 altogether. Oh well, that's the nice thing about money, no matter how much you spend, you can always get more!!! That, and it doesn't do you a bit of good unless you spend it on something.

We did get our money's worth, though. Ended up staying until midnight. The boys were real troopers, even though you could tell the younger was
tired at the end, getting upset at just about anything. Space mountain has been re-done, and I approve of the changes!!! Its darker than it was before, and a lot of the aesthetics from the 70's or whenever it was originally built have be re-done. The headrests are now fitted with stereo speakers, and they play some techno music. Very cool. Another new arrival is the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Its an interactive ride, where you have a laser pistol and get to take shots at the evil emperor Zurg for points. A ride that I had only been on once before that I revisited was The Indiana Jones Adventure. Usually it has a ridiculously long line for a ride that isn't that fast or anything, so I usually don't go. They have a thing they do now, though, where you can scan your ticket and it gives you a pass to come back later and avoid most of the line. We did that for space mountain, and since the younger is too small to ride my wife and my oldest went while the younger and I played in Toon Town, then I went back and took him again. On our way back, we stopped in Adventure land and scanned the tickets for the Indiana Jones ride, then to Frontier land for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If it wasn't for that program, I probably wouldn't have gone on the Indiana Jones ride, but since I did I gained a new appreciation for the ride. It really is quite epic in scope.

In New Orleans Square (which seems to not have been much effected by Katrina) there is a little restaurant that I remembered from the last time we were there. They serve gumbo in a bowl made of sourdough bread, and its GOOD!!! We dined there for dinner, and that's what the picture at the top is of. Yummy, yummy gumbo!!! Mmmmmmm!!! The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was closed down, and we heard from a park employee that they're re-doing it, with Johnny Depp as Capitan Jack Sparrow!!! How cool is that???

3 comments:

Granny said...

Oh God!! That gumbo looks AWESOME!!... I love the bread bowl idea....Glad you enjoyed your day with your family..

YPOMZ: Young People Often Make Zugalug..

me said...

Johnny Depp is the pirate Master!!!!!

Way cool
: )
lmqwkmu: little miss Queenie was kickin massive utensils
?

Lilly said...

sorry i am just now getting around to expressing how happy i am that you and your family got to go and have yourselves a great time!
to live and die in LA, huh? cool.


ifqubf = i fooled queens under bare feet!