Thursday, November 10, 2005

What do you do?

What do you do... when you do something for someone with the best of intentions, from the heart, no ulterior motives... but without actually using your head and thinking things through and realizing that it really wasn't the best idea???

Apologize, beg forgiveness. Yea. Talk is cheap. Even if you mean it, it may not SOUND convincing to them, and maybe even not to yourself.

Feel remorse. Of course, if you've thought things through after the fact it probably led to your remorse. And if you've apologized, and mean the apology, it probably stemmed from your remorse.

Ponder the error of your ways. Dwell, obsess, whatever you call it. I try not to do this one so much, because it is largely a futile exercise. But usually you are powerless to completely avoid it.

Try to come up with a way to make up for it. Great idea, doesn't always work tho. Not truly effective either, because it does nothing to undo events that have transpired.

Go onward wiser, and learn from your mistake.

If, ever in the future the planets align in such a way that you are in the same situation again, use your head for a change and do the right thing this time.


OK, Y'all take a picture, this is about as serious as I ever get on here yo

4 comments:

Lilly said...

*taking a pic*
As you know I have lost many years out of my life, dwelling and trippin on shit I could not control.
Hope you get over whatever is buggin you.

Dream Owl said...

I'll add you a link too!

Granny said...

yeah, read 'haunted beauty's' blog...that should relieve you of any stress or remorese you are feeling..Lot's of fucking and sucking going on there so that should take your mind off anything IMPORTANT...sheesh...
You know Aye, one can only do the best one can do...Nothing more can be expected...Seems funny when 'I'm Sorry' just doesn't seem to be enough to some people...Well, not actually funny ha ha but, you know..
Sometimes I have said/done things that I felt like my apologies have not been accepted... I'm Sorry, are two words I was not raised with nor haven't heard much in my life so it was very very hard to say them but when I do, I MEAN IT!!
Some people just can't say them...They might feel and think them but they can't say them...
Far as I'm concerned, apologize and go on....I'm not going to EVER let ANYONE make me feel bad about something that has happened AGAIN after I have thought it through and felt like an apology was necessary...My apology is either accepted or it isn't...Hopefully it will be or I wouldn't make it but...if it isn't...FUCK EM !!

Lilly said...

maybe she would like a nice pole up her ass granny?