Saturday, November 05, 2005

My Abbreviated Weekend


Take a look at that plant!!! Isn't that wild??? Have you ever seen a plant with square leaves like that before??? Looks like something Dr. Seuss would come up with or something!!! What possible advantage could there be to having square leaves like that??? We've had the plant for maybe 4 months or so now, and it just recently sprouted the flowers on the ends of the stalks. I really like that plant cuz its so weird, and it does well with very little care. I was out doing yardwork today and decided I needed to share some pictures of it here, so you can all love my crazy square plant!!!

Work went well enough for having to work on my day off yesterday. 5 1/2 hours of overtime. The owner came up and asked me if I could work today or tomorrow, too. I politely declined. He's stressing about the job that we have no machine tooling to mount it to. I made mention of that to him. I finished off the top half of the tool I was working on. The results were completely satisfactory. Now all I have to do is flip it over and have my baby drill 216 holes in the bottom, then machine a simple vacuum manifold into it. Already have the programs written. Did I make mention that I generated the programs for the next tool while I was at school the other night, using Surfcam!!! Looks like the code came out clean and tight compared to the bullshit that Bobcad comes up with.

Got up this morning and was wanting to do a post on here, but it didn't seem to be working. Updated my Wallpaper page instead, a little tie in with Lilly's first reading post that she had a week or so ago, which if you didn't catch, you've missed. Then, while I had my HTML editor open, I messed around with re-doing my home page. I have a little HTML page of my favorites links stored on my hard drive that I've got set as my home page. Needed to update it because I've got all these blogs that I have bookmarked that I needed to add to it!!! My old home page had a kind of bright background with pale polka dots, and I changed it to a darker, lightly gridded background with some purple squiggles. Fancied up the text colors on it some, too. I'm pleased with the results.

I'm amazed at how well my youngest has done with his potty training!!! It doesn't seem like its been that long since we started with him, and he's really almost got it completely perfect!!! The part that really amazes me, though, is that he is staying dry all night now!!! We weren't even working on that with him, but he seems to have picked it up anyway. My oldest is just barely getting to that point himself. I blame genetics, I was a bed wetter until I was much older myself. Still have an accident occasionally, come on, who doesn't??? LOL, no, not really.

8 comments:

Granny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Granny said...

Being the green thumb that I am, I have to tell you...I LOVE THIS PLANT!! It's a wonderful succulent that I assure you if I ever see one, I will have to have...Thanks for shareing this Aye...

Lilly said...

sponge plant square leaves?

Aye said...

Thanks for giving my plant love!!! LMAO Lilly, I was thinking along the same lines just this morning as I was working, trying to come up with something else to start it with, cuz it's not exactly spongy... After reading Granny's comment, since it's a succulent, how about suck plant square leaves??? LMAO!!!

Lilly said...

ok. that works.

Granny said...

So Be It!!

Lilly said...

so be it is.

Granny said...

GRRRRRR...what's up with this word verification shit on your site?? Anything to make it more difficult for my pea brain, huh??