Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy Hump Day

I had a good day today. I learned how to do 3-D contouring on my CNC, as well as figuring out (once again, I think I'll remember it this time) how to control my machine directly from the PC. Now I'll be able to cut the tool for that double dildo!!! Guess you could say I've got that dildo licked now!!! LOL!!! Now, if our company would just pay up with our supplier so I can get some metal to cut it in....

I was making up a prototype this evening for a frisbee, since I'm now able to do this kind of thing. I'd written a program last Wednesday for the SHAPE of the thing, but didn't have the skills to make a cut-path until today. It makes for a sizeable program, I think something like 20,000 lines.

While I was cutting it, around 5:30, a ball of tape came flying in from behind me. I knew right then: Sammy's back!!! He'd come back in to work on a die, the guy who does some stuff at night who was going to do it called in sick. We talked a while while it was cutting, then I asked him if he was interested getting some dinner chow. He was up for it, so we went to our favorite place, El Tarasco. They've been fixing up the place, painting it, new windows, new block walls in the parking lot, new sign out front, and new menus. They're doing murals on all the interior walls, and its really shaping up. It used to be a weird little hole in the wall place, but its looking nice now. Used to be the place was mostly deserted in the evenings when we'd go there, but it was probably close to 3/4 full tonight. I don't know if that's all attributed to the new decor, but good for them!!! Good for us, too, our usual table was available when we got there!!!

No comments: