Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Getting as Serious as I Get, Part 2

Know how I made mention here about how if I was going to get serious about photogging I'd have to get a tripod??? Well, I didn't do THAT, but I did remember I had a fairly versatile base I'd made up for my dad that he didn't end up using that he gave back to me. It has a spherical part about the size of a handball, on a square base. It has a knob on the side that you can loosen and rotate a shaft on the top, or rotate, or tilt up to 90 degrees. I had mounted it to a larger wooden base, with a rubber pad on the bottom. I took that and my camera into work today, because last night there was a pretty nice sunset and I'd wanted to take a pic. I snapped several on the drive in, some of which came out semi presentable. Well, when it got to be sunset time, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and therefore no dramatic sunset. I guess its the old watched pot syndrome. Later on I went out, and the near full moon has a thin wisp of a cloud looped lazily around it!!! I took a ton of pictures, messing with all the settings with it set on the roof of my car. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but you get the idea I think. The stand or whatever you call it worked quite well. Likely a conventional camera would have been able to get better results. I remember last month when the moon was at this stage... Ah, memories!!!

Made decent progress on the second tool today. All the metal I'd ordered yesterday was going to be ready first thing this morning. I told our crack shipping department yesterday, and he said no problem. He was also going to pick up a board we'd had made in a rush last Thursday, which was ready that afternoon. Big rush, and they can't get someone out there to pick it up!!! Anyway, long story short, I didn't have material to start in on the latter part of the tooling until after 4:00. I only have a little more to do on my part tomorrow, and the other guy still has ALL of his part to do!!! Better him than me!!!

Of course, the machine they're putting in to run this job still isn't quite ready to go. I'm guessing most of tomorrow to go still.

I took a few pics of my machine running, too. I like this one of the control panel!!!

2 comments:

Lilly said...

nice moon shot.
freaky lookin' machine..
you go with your bad self aye.

Granny said...

Awesome pic, kewl machine....