Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Snowball Effect

Well, I got the flapper to fix up my toilet downstairs today anyway. Put it in, and all was good... except the water was flowing VERY slow into the tank.... nothing unusual, but I figured while I was there I'd see if I could do anything about that too. Bad idea. I went to see if I could crank the valve for it open some more, and twisted the pipe right out of the damned wall!!! Way inside the wall. Of course, I couldn't find a proper wrench to shut the water off in a hurry. I ended up with a very moist floor down there once again.

Not having the tools or inclination to attempt the repair myself, I called Nate the plumber. He was on his way to another call, but said he'd come over as soon as he was done, probably around 4. At 5 I called him again, and he was on his way. Within 30 seconds, he showed up. He busted the wall open, and everything wasn't too corroded in there, so he was able to get it fixed fairly easily. Well, easy for him!!!

After that, I came back in and turned this on and discovered that Granny had been attempting add hyperlinks on her blog. Shout outs for Kabila's help desk!!! At first it was kinda messed up. We messed with it for a while, and got her code all cleaned up. I don't know why it gave her such a hard time, but it wouldn't let her post it once it was corrected. Something about not having a properly closed hyperlink. After much messing around I finally sent her a copy of Frontpage Express to do her linkin' in that instead. She was going "what, I could have done it like that from the beginning???" I replied, "well, if you didn't HAVE Frontpage Express, no!!!"

4 comments:

Granny said...

Well, well Aye (aka) Killabilla..LMAO!!
When I decided I would sit here with my coffee this morning and give that HTML nighhtmare another try all by myself, I went to that frontpage thingy and typed in your name and then hit insert and then hyperlink and then typed in your url but then didn't know wtf to do after that...Soooooo I opened up that lil ole notepad thingy that said G test ...thinkin it shoulda said G Spot LMAO!!
well ummmm ...what was I sayin??
Oh Yeah... G test... anyhow...I copied your shit from there and proceeded to put Lilly's, Steve's, Susan's and Truths there as well ...
Saved em and ....GOOD TO GO!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Had no probs creating or posting...
Thanks so much for your help Aye... But, I gottsa wonder....when I no longer need your help desk does it mean I can't see your 'SOURCE' again?? (winky, winky)

Lilly said...

aye you have created a monster.
thanks.
haha

Aye said...

Now everyone knows my secret identey.... yes, it is I, KILLABILLA!!! Killa of Billa's!!! LOL!!! Granny, I taught you exactly what buttons to push, as long as you know what you're doing, you can view my 'SOURCE' any time you like!!! Just remember, I was peeking at yours first!!!

Granny said...

WEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOO...