Saturday, November 26, 2005

I miss blogging

I miss blogging. I miss chatting. Seems like I've had very little free time to either this long weekend. With the notable exception of on Thanksgiving day itself, when I got to chat with Granny, who I taught how to take pics of people's webcams, one of my favorite pastimes!!! So, Kabila's help desk got some action, so to speak. By the way, she's got a new home at Blogger, if you hadn't noticed. Time to do a little more upgrading on my faves page!!!

Thanksgiving was pretty good. We had free range turkey at my sis's house. Not much fat on a free range turkey. We played balderdash for quite a while after that, until it was time to go. If you're not familiar, it has a bunch of cards with bizarre words on one side, and the definitions on the other side. You read the word aloud, then everyone does a secret ballot with a definition on it. They all are read aloud, along with the true definition, and then everyone votes on what they think the true meaning is. You learn a lot of words this way, but after all the different definitions, you're lucky to remember what the real meaning was!!! A few that I remember:

Flapdragon = a game of plucking flaming raisins out of flaming brandy and eating them (at the risk of being burned). Its played around Christmas time, so now you have a fun, pyromaniac activity to try out!!!

Mecock = A henpecked husband. Sounds like it, huh???

Zarp = A South African Policeman. This was one of mine, and I zerped everyone with it!!! It was funny, because everyone on the previous two rounds had been putting in African this and that's, and I read the real definition and no one was buying it!!! My nephew came up with my favorite definition for this one: Slang word used by welders to refer to an arc. Sounds just like it, huh??? Also, reminded me of zerp!!!

Mundungus: Second rate tobacco. I like the sound of that word. You smokers commit that one to memory!!!

My sister also had pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, that was greatly enjoyed by all!!!

Every night except last night this weekend I've fallen asleep uncharacteristically early, and woken up fairly early too. Unusual for me.

Yesterday I tried to participate a little in the black Friday festivities. Staples had a 200 gig hard drive for $29.99 after rebates. I went there after I woke up on my own, ended up being around 9 when I got there. They were already sold out by then. I had to exchange the rental car, too. Got the exact same kind of car again, only silver this time.

Did quite a bit of yard work yesterday, then my parents came up with my niece and nephew, children of my sometimes homeless sister. She was absent at Thanksgiving dinner, first time I remember that ever having happened. She's been on rants with my parents fairly constantly these days, calling them up COLLECT and yelling and screaming at them, making death threats and stuff. My dad wants to update their will to include a Menendez clause, not a bad idea. No telling when that will happen, so I made a voice recording of him stating that this is his intention.

We took all the kids to see the DWP's Light Festival in Griffith Park, an annual tradition for us, but my parents and niece and nephew had never been. We had my nephew spent the night last night, he's always wanted to do that. I hope it was everything he hoped for. I've got to take him back later on today. I'm hoping I can stop by and visit with my good friend Sammy a little while I'm down there. We hardly ever get to hang out any more. This morning I updated my wallpaper page, and now here I am updating my blog. Hopefully I'll be able to chat some tonight!!!

2 comments:

Lilly said...

wow, you always say so much. i never know what to say back to ya.
sooo
weeeeeeeeeeee ooooooooooooooooooo

Granny said...

You ZERPED everyone???
I do declare..