Friday, November 11, 2005

Up A Foot!!!

Upon my arrival at work this morning my good friend Sammy greets me and asks "how's it hanging???" Now, what is an appropriate response to such a question??? Without missing a beat, I responded "up a foot!!!" You do the math. It had the desired effect, Sammy looked at me as if I'd lost my mind and had no idea how to respond, much less what I was even talking about!!! I went into the office right after that to make a copy, and one of the office girls says, "good morning, how are you doing???" I was THIS CLOSE to using the same response on her!!! Decided that that would be completely inappropriate!!!

I had a pretty decent today, I think I might be feeling a little better after my last posting. Therapeutic, in a way. I just hope my apologies are accepted, you know what I mean if you've read it.

I had worked 13 hours yesterday finishing off the tool I've been making all week, and it almost came out good... I had it flipped over drilling vacuum holes, and on the last one of 147 something went awry... I have no idea exactly what happened, but it broke the drill bit, drove it out the other side of the tool, and the drill chuck kept coming down until it was embedded about 1/4 inch into the tool and the motor had overloaded. Well, that's what epoxy is for I guess, but that kind of bummed me out.

Now, on to more blogfoolery!!! There's my contribution to the English language, and once again, if you've read some of the stuff out there I'm sure you know what I mean!!!

I was cleaning up the tool and drilling the rest of the vacuum holes on it today and I thought of a pretty lame joke that only a machinist type would get: What did the machinist name his daughter??? Colette!!! OK, dialing 1-800-WHY-THATS-FUNNY for all you non-machinists, on mills the part that holds the cutter is called a collet... OK, that's pretty bad.... OK, what did the machinist name his son??? Chuck!!! OK, if you didn't get that, re-read the last part of 2 paragraphs up... I told Sammy both of those, with an interval of a couple minutes in between, and it elicited a rollen of the eyes!!! Mission Accomplished!!!

Lilly, I didn't have a comment at the time you did you Australia post, but now I have a down under connection to throw out for ya!!! Steve Irwin was in town the other day I hear (after the fact, of course!!!) discussing that he will make an attempt at snagging Reggie the 'gator from Machado Lake this spring. I know its very close to where I work and I should have made it by there to rubberneck some, but so far I haven't. Well, if Steve Irwin is going to be out there, just let me know when the media circus is in town!!! Also, I had gotten to thinking I should grab my parents photo album of their Australia trip and scan some of the pics. My father is quite the photog, too.

Speaking of photogging, I took some shots tonight. It was supposed to rain all day yesterday, but it only did a little. Then, it was supposed to rain hard and heavy all day today and tomorrow (later today???) but it was actually a beautiful day most of the day. By the time I got out of class, the rain had started to fall. (There was a crew out in the parking lot running a backhoe in the rain. You know what a backhoe is??? A ho that take it in the back doe', LMAO!!! Blogfoolery) I didn't rain in any serious fashion, and by the time I got home the moon was shining through the clouds, and it was looking good!!! I broke out my cam and took several shots. Never thought I'd be saying this about my point and shoot digital camera, but I think I need to get a tripod if I'm going to keep doing this kind of thing.


Speaking of taking pictures, that reminds me of the first time I saw Niblet. After reading Lilly's recent post and Granny's comment, I remembered my first impressions and confusion, and I can say that I don't really understand much more!!! Pretty funny, though, and quite amusing!!! My initial impression of Niblet (link removed per Lilly's request) was something like this: " I've never gotten the whole story straight on 'em, but apparently he's Lilly's bastard child , and Granny has been raising him, this being the actual first time Lilly has actually seen him since his birth. Granny left him there for Lilly to raise now. Did I get that right, ladies??? Having only fragments of the whole story is SOOO confusing!!!" You're not really missing much, they weren't exactly great pictures of Niblet... had some fairly decent ones of Lilly and Granny, though.

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Up a foot. hahaha..
nice pics dude. hope you understand more now about niblet.
bwt *whispers* take that link off plz.

Lilly said...

thanks.