Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Technology Shopping Spree

I meant to make mention of a recent purchase I made here. Weekend before last, I got a new stereo for the Storm. It's a Clarion, a brand that you don't hear a lot about, but years ago I had a good friend who used to wholesale stereo equipment, and if I remember correctly, he said that Clarion was about the best sound quality of all the manufacturers. Anyway, I needed to replace the unit in the Storm, it was a pull out, and it was prone to getting very staticy when you'd hit bumps or turn the volume knob. It also had a Sony 10-disc changer in the trunk, but had no magazine for the discs. The Clarion I got has MP3 playback capability, so I can get almost that many discs on one disc, if I have a mind to. I put it in the Saturday before I started my new job, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Over the weekend I saw an ad for something I've been thinking of getting for a while. It's a digital video recorder that records to memory cards instead of tape. They sell for less than $100 these days, and this one was $89.99 with a $20 rebate. Cheap enough for me to buy a 1-gig card to go with it!!! It's pretty small, and the resolution for video isn't real great, only 320 x 240. I asked what their return policy is, and I've got 30 days to bring it back if I don't like it. Its almost
toylike, but still, its pretty cool. I'll shoot some videos with it and edit them and put them on DVD and see how it looks on TV. I have a feeling I already know, pixelated. But still, beats the video recorder that I had before!!!

9 comments:

me said...

Cool AYe. Happy picture taking!
qxgdrg: Quivering...Xavier gave Darla red gams.

Oh my, my

Lilly said...

Nice toys!

WhoIs Asking? said...

Very nice :)
Still don't see a reason to trade in my 8-track though ... you can pick them up @ Goodwill for 25 cents.

Aye said...

Gonk, I have a little editoralizing that I do about my MP3's
and 8-tracks on the
href="http://www.geocities.com/eastside2k1/radio.htm">page
I
did about my first MP3-equipped radio install. I've got 100's of 'em myself. (once again, we'll all just see about my mad HTML skillz this morning)

CDJIJMBA = Could Dion just invoke jiggling momma-beasts again???

Aye said...

page

Damn my half ass HTML skillz

BCKFKYFO = Bucky cat konks freakin' kooks ya found outthere

WhoIs Asking? said...

ok what is with the funky letters and then the definition??? I don't recall Hal EVER saying that stuff.

WhoIs Asking? said...

ok ok ok wait ... you took the 8-track OUT?

Aye said...

Actually, Gonkette, I have a brand new in its original box never been installed 8-track player kicking around here someplace, how cool is that??? Hopefully my 8 track tapes haven't all hardened into celluloid bricks or bled through by the time I do anything with it!!! The random letters and definitions are from the word verification game. You probably noticed that you have to type in a randomly generated string of characters to comment here, so since ya gotta type 'em anyway, might as well cut and paste 'em here, then for kicks decipher what it stands for!!! I have been declared the king of such foolishness, even though not too many people play along anymore. Can't say as how I blame 'em!!! For the granddaddy of 'em all, check this out!!! (Hoping my HTML touch comes back again)

And now for yet another one....

OTOQNYIN = Only the oily queens need your insane nonsense

WhoIs Asking? said...

OH!! I always feel stupid after I know the answer instead of enlightened.

hwbruwy= huge willy burns rubber under white yugo