Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Best Job EVER!!!

Granny made comment, and was quite correct, that I need to update you on the new job. This is the perfect time to do so, being as it is, once again, seven days!!!

I am quite pleased with it!!! This job rocks, I'm so glad I got in!!! Found out yesterday I think it was, that they start with around 2,000 applications, narrow it down to around 250 to interview, and of that they hired five. One of the new hires didn't show up on Monday, so that left just the four of us.
Everything about this job is so different from every job I've had before. The health plan is fully paid for me and my whole family, starting on the very first day. I received my first week's paycheck in the mail today (they pay on the 15th and the end of the month) paying through tomorrow. Every job I've had before payed a week behind, so your first check is always "held" for a week. There are no time clocks, it's all on an honor system. The day you start, you've got one personal day coming, as well as your birthday off with pay if you are fortunate enough to have not had it that year. The Friday between Thanksgiving and the weekend is paid. After six months, I will have two weeks of vacation available.

The supervisor I've been training with was telling us today that everyone they hire is over qualified for the job, but they pay them according to (or better than) the work they are qualified to do. It's a job most anyone could do, but they want people who can do it consistently and well.

The cafeteria there has great food and a great variety, and is quite reasonable. I don't think I've spent over $4.00 per meal there yet. The place is huge and consistently busy. Apparently Monday was the busiest day they've ever had.

While it is quite physical, I still enjoy it quite a bit. I'm used to working 10+ hours a day, with a 10 minute and a 30 minute break, so transitioning from that to a job where you take a 15 minute and a 45 minute break seems like, after the rather long stretch in the morning, I've barely finished one break and another is coming up.

I'm sure there is a lot more that I could say, but I can't think of what more to say at this time. All the other workers there seem quite friendly, I like the commute better... Don't get me started on the employee prices!!!

Poor Sammy and Rafa, though. Things haven't been good there. I'm so glad I got out when I did. Sammy has called me several times complaining about work and how he misses me. Rafa worked a lot before, and now he's having to do a lot of what I used to do there. I hope they find something as good as I did.

5 comments:

Lilly said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Granny said...

Yayyyyy, from over here too!! What's the chance since one of the new hires not showin up that you could get Sammy over there??

me said...

Wow, that was a great review Aye! Thanks for that! I'm so glad you are happy. I feel bad for the other guys. 10 hours is a long day though, rest up on the weekends!

WhoIs Asking? said...

That is AWESOME Aye!! Very happy for you! :)
It's so nice to hear about businesses that truly appreciate their employees.

Tammy said...

Congrates!!