Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pancakes & Pizza



Saturday was cool. My boy's school was having a pancake breakfast fundraiser. Nay and the younger didn't want any, so the older and I walked up for some. They had the local fire department and their truck there, and a live band, I think a trio of the teachers from the school. They played a great version of "Got my Mojo Working, But it Don't Work for You". Nice way to start a weekend.

Later on, a bit after noon, I had an appointment to give blood. They had called me up on Thursday evening, I think, and asked if I could donate. Well, one of my top 5 radio stations, 95.5 KLOS was having their annual blood drive for the last few days. Saturday was the last day, and I was finally able to get in on it. In addition to the cookies and juice, they had a choice of two concerts you could get free general admission passes to see. Journey and Def Leppard or Motley Crue and Aerosmith. Strange pairings, both, I thought. Bad thing, though, they were both events going to be held out in Devore, which is about a million miles from anywhere in my estimation. Oh well, what do you expect for free??? Maybe I'd make it out there, maybe not. Turned out to be a null issue anyway, because they didn't have any passes left when I got there. They were having people fill out envelopes with their pick in case there were any left. I didn't bother, now I wouldn't feel bad for taking a pass when I didn't know if I'd make it or not. Oh, and the other things they were giving out were cool, too. Blood drive T-shirts and coupons for a free Papa John's pizza, which is doubly cool, because I found where there is one of those right near my work!!! Love Papa John's!!! It's the garlic butter dippin' sauce, you know.

That evening we went down to Sammy's place for a little barbecue. That was fun, we played in the yard with the boys until far too late at night. Good times, good times...

4 comments:

Granny said...

Hey Aye!!
Nice ta see ya around..Eat a slice of that Papa John's for me..

me said...

I had pizza Saturday too, but not Papa John's. Now I'm hungry again!

That's so nice that you donated blood on your day off and spent time with the kids.


St. Aye

: )

Lilly said...

St. Aye.. awwwww.. so true.

Excellent fun filled weekend, doing everything that was positive and fun! YAY! (me too for a change) haha.
Good on ya Aye.. errr St. Aye. ;)

Aye said...

Yea Eyeball, 95.5 seems to have their very limited playlist that they rarely get out of. I haven't noticed 'em playing a marked increase of James Taylor or Crosby Stills & Nash, at least. I remember a Richard Bachman story that had a guy who picks up 4 records at random (written back when this was all current) and finds the Crosby Stills & Nash record to be so sappy that he breaks it over his knee after listening to it one time. He falls in love with "Let it Bleed", tho. As it should be.

EVYJCT = Every very young jockey can tiddle