Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rusty!!!





Nothing better than when you find out what a score you've made. On Saturday we went to St. Vincent's thrift store to see if I could find any nice pants for work. I also found a couple nice shirts while I was there. One of them is an all black bowling shirt looking thing with "MixMaster A.C.E." on the back of it. I was thinking perhaps I could replace the "C" with a "Y"... That would be cool!!!

However, the coolest thing was one of the donated cars they had in the parking lot. Practically a carbon copy of mine that I bought a couple years back, only in a LOT worse condition. I don't know about the mechanical, but the body was quite dented and rusted, and the interior was thrashed. Even the steering wheel was taped together!!! Has more miles on it already than what mine has, and they have it priced twice what I paid!!!


Here's what I got, for half the price!!!

3 comments:

Lilly said...

*takes the monkey away from eyeball*

i am friends with a girl who got one of those when she turned 16. Oh about a million years ago or so..
we called it speed buggy! (from the cartoon!)

Man that thing was a TANK!!

Aye said...

No Eyeball, I though $1,100 was a little on the high side, especially considering the condition. If I ever see one for around the $300-400 with disc brakes I'd probably pick it up for that, and any other good parts I could yank from it. Conversly, if I found a nice 2-door 70 or 71, I might go up to around $750-1000 and make it into a mule to test the feesability of swapping a 80's 5.0 front end, engine and overdrive transmission into. If that went well, then I would preform the same trick on the Falcon. Of course, with the very light weight of the first ones and the power of the 5.0 and the smog exemptedness (possibly the main thing in "rusty's" favor), I'd probably fall in love and never want to part with it. Then I'd have to get personal plates for it that say "512 MULE", LOL!!!

Lilly, I love speed buggy!!! Haven't heard or though of that show in forever, thanks for the memory!!! Why is a show like that not out on DVD??? Mav 1 was my first car when I turned 16. However, it was eight years old then, and the main reason I got it was my dad couldn't get anyone to buy it for what he thought it was worth a couple years before when my sis could have gotten her liscense... but she never did, so I ended up falling to me. I'm thinking I'll do a post featuring that creampuff in the near future... I'm feeling a compulsion...

QBLPSY = Quarter Back's last play sucked Yolonda

me said...

Nice car Aye! Change that letter to a, "Y"
: )