Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Less Than Perfect Storm

I hope you were right, Eyeball. I really loved that Brat, but she was kinda weak, manually shifted, and impractical.

This little cream puff, however.... She looks fairly decent, starts right up and has a nice ride. Good power, nice interior. Only 94,000 miles.


Should get pretty decent mileage. The guy I bought it from (original owner) said for a couple of years it had a hard time passing emissions, and ended up having to go to a state test only center, then to a state repair facility. Turns out someone (he suspects a shady smog test operator) had put a pop rivet in a vacuum line to keep it from working right. With that removed, it passed with flying colors. However, since it had landed in the gross polluter category for a few years, the state offered him $1000 to let them destroy it, a standing offer!!! He thought since it has been so reliable and is in decent condition it would be a shame to do that, and he sold it to me for just a tad more than that. So, no matter what happens, I'll probably always have that amount of equity in this car!!!

But no open air motoring!!! Whaaaaaa!!!

2 comments:

Lilly said...

She's cute.
That license tag made me chuckle...
good goin'!

Aye said...

Hey Eyeball, shes a 90. I didn't know but they only made 'em for four years. I've got 5 cars alltogether right now. The mega mav, the storm, the falcon (still in the finishing stages of paint, and needs some new tires), the scirocco (rendered unsafe to drive a bit over a year ago, STILL waiting for a settlement) and the GMC panel, which would take very little to get road worthy, but I just know it'd drink gas like its going out of style!!!

I was thinking about how the storm is a great replacement for the scirocco. They are both little fun size economy cars masquerading in zoomy looking sheetmetal. The GSI designation on this one means an extra 35hp over the base model, which doesn't sound like a lot, but when it starts out at 95, thats pretty good!!! This thing has a great, tight ride!!! I can hardly wait until I have a chance to really throw it into some corners!!!

Yea Lilly, if you saw that tag on a car you were thinking about buying, would that not seal the deal??? LOL, of course that was paint shopped in...

BONWUT = Been only nothin' with ugly tacos