Thursday, June 01, 2006

In Loving Memory


Before your eyes opened to the light.
Before you could smile and coo all night.
before arms could reach to hold you tight.
You were loved, you were loved, you were loved.

Before you had time to not like it here.
Before you had time to show any fear.
Before you had time to shed a tear.
You were gone, you were gone, you were gone.

We've offered this poem to let you know,
That we never wanted to let you go.
We wanted you with us so we could show,
You were loved, you were loved, you were loved.

We held a memorial service for my sister's child today. All the flower cards that they had said "in loving memory" on them. That sentiment didn't seem right to me, for a child we never really got to know. Her little girl looked like she was sleeping, so perfectly formed. The section of the cemetery that she was to be buried in was full of headstones with only one date on them, and a few that had just a few months between their birthday and passing dates. Heartbreaking.

2 comments:

Granny said...

I got a real lump in my throat when I read this Aye... I agree with you about, 'In Loving Memory'..
I'm sorry this had to happen but I guess it's part of HIS plan... Take care and many huggala's to you and yours...

me said...

Oh Aye, What a beautiful poem and Memorial. This whole thing brings back memories for me. A tiny soul, taken so soon. You wonder why? What is there to learn? Except how precious, "life" truly is. I don't think I could have held up in seeing that tiny angel. My heart goes out to you all. She is in good hands.
God Bless you AYe and your family.
I love the delicate flower you chose for her.
: )