Saturday, June 03, 2006

Painkiller

'Found me a new love
She's better than cocaine
Gives a mad love
Just like a pounding rain'

I got the call the other day. I knew it was coming, eventually.
The rental company wanted nasty back. She was arguably the best I'd ever had, and I didn't really want to take her ass back, but what can you do??? I didn't know how I'd go back to a pedestrian passenger car. However, they outdid themselves again!!! "We've got a Mustang, is that OK???" "Ummmm lemmie think, YEAH!!!" I've been in love with the styling of these since I'd first seen 'em, the first Mustang that's actually looked the part since '77, and the first to back up the look with performance since '73!!! My rental only has the 6, but that does it pretty decent!!! I love the way the traction control doesn't really do any "controlling" until you've made quite a bit of noise with the classic front-engine-solid-rear-axle configuration!!! This car kicks ass!!! And it's in my favorite color to boot!!! Right after I'd picked it up coming around this corner, a Taurus pulled to the side and stopped to let me pass after I'd gotten her all sideways coming out of the corner behind it!!! Get inside this puppy, and you're transformed to '69!!! It has that climbing-inside-a- cave feeling that, if you've ever been in an early car, will feel very familiar. What a wonderfully impractical car this is!!! Not a lot of trunk, and my my firstborn has declared the back seat suckly. But, it looks the part, and even with the 6 it backs that look up. I thought I'd never be able to top the look, performance, and mileage of nasty, but this will defiantly do!!!

5 comments:

me said...

nice but huh? I'm confused. The red car was a rental too?

enjoy! My ex,ex,ex,ex,ex,ex,ex,ex,ex,boyfriend haha lol Just kidding...had a 68 or 69 mustang loved it! Drove it ever where!
: )

ouivui: haha "oui" vey u, I
?

Serenity said...

Sweet ride Aye!

Aye said...

Yea Panky, Nasty was but a rental. Don't know if you'd ever checked on my page the link for the crash of the Scirocco (she was a little red hot, too), that was almost a year ago. Infinity insurance, the suckliest I've ever seen and the responsible party's provider, told me to get a rental and they would reimburse me... its time to take their insured to court, they have been all but ignoring me.

Yea, if you've been in a 60's 'Stang, you'd feel right back to that era in this. The instruments, steering wheel, and T-handle shifter all feel alot like what you used to get!!! Not a lot of little stash places like new cars, either, just the glove compartment, a tiny center console compartment, and two rudimentary little door pockets. They did manage to get a couple cup holders added in, though. Can't compete without those these days!!!

Yea Serenity, it is a sweet ride!!! A lot of people really take notice and make comment. Ford really did it right on these!!!

GPHGLE = Gee, Pony has good, loud exhaust (not really tho)

me said...

Oh, ok all cleared up!! Tanky AYe!

ENjoy your stang!

Lilly said...

Vroom Vroom...