Saturday, May 13, 2006

He's Back!!!


Didja miss me??? I didn't think so :Þ

What an ordeal the last few days has been!!! I'm in the process of switching my ISP, because the one year introduction price has finished up, and they were wanting more than double!!! Of course, I could get the same rate I had been getting ($14.99) by signing up for an additional $12 worth of services!!! The company I'm changing to is offering the same service for $12.99. On their site, they advertised easy change over, cancel with your current ISP the day after theirs becomes active, and there should be no break in service. Of course, as you may have gathered, that didn't happen. Every day its been the same thing, call tech support, wait on hold for far too long, they say it will be working within the hour... call back when it doesn't, and they say "by the end of the day... at midnight it should be working." Of course, it doesn't. "Oh, its the phone company's fault, they haven't cleared the line". Call them up, and of course they say there is no problem, ect, ect. Now they are saying its probably a physical problem with the line, can they authorize the phone company to send out a technician??? Its a $60 fee to dispatch them, plus $35 per half hour for fixing any problem on the inside lines ifthat'ss where the problem is. I hooked a line to the box on the outside of the house and tried it like that, and guess what??? Doesn't work there, either. Come on, we've had two different providers on these same lines with no problem, now all a sudden there's a problem??? STFU.

Good news and bad news has been the theme of the day. I don't think 512 day should be so. Bad news is its going to be until next Wednesday before a tech comes out and verifies that there is nothing wrong with the lines (or claims there is.... if he does that, OK run a line from the outside box to the modem and show me connection, THEN we'll talk), good news is they gave me a free dial up to get me through until then. In case you don't know or remember, dial up sucks. Like two tin cans and a string, says Aye. I had to dig out my old hub (Netgear, coolest looking piece of networking hardware I've ever owned) and set up a network like that. Oh yea, now my original ISP says they have a plan at the same rate, I just needed to cancel and re order. Thanks a lot.

Bad news, my car developed a hole in the radiator. Pulled that sucker out this morning and took it to the radiator shop. They declared it unfixable. Low quality workmanship, only 32 years and its already falling apart!!! I ordered a replacement, but it won't be in until Monday. Between the new radiator and the new front tires and lifetime alignment I got for it last Friday, I'm within about $100 of my original purchase price!!! Oh yea, the good news, the radiator shop threw in a free radiator cap. Whoooo hoooo.

Bad news, my VCR quit again. I swear, no one makes a reliable VCR anymore!!! I've had almost half a dozen such incidents since I started buying 'em in January of last year. I did get a two year warranty, but when I took it back this time, they said they couldn't fix it. The purchase price was applied to the replacement I was forced to buy. They had a Panasonic for close to what I'd paid, but I've had such negative experience with them and Sony that I'd never buy their products again. Ended up spending another $25 and getting a combination VCR-DVD. So, what was the good news there??? Oh yea, I got a new unit, and didn't have to wait the 6 weeks it usually takes to get service.

4 comments:

Granny said...

Woahhhhhhhhh...Welcome back...I's been wonderin bout cha...

Serenity said...

Welcome back Aye! Been wondering where you've been

me said...

Well, well, well, you've been havin some probs! Glad your back!
: )
and now for naomi??

Yoo-hoo?
wanvwms:When AYe needs vacation woman miss superman!
hehe

Lilly said...

of all people to have shitty luck on 512 day. sorry to hear that.

I've been in and out of it myself, so yeah, I missed ya, but well you know... haha.

welcome back! next year 512 will be better!