Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Best Laid Plans

(Image stolen from Here, which is actually a very cool site)

Ah, plans for the day.... Woke up early, not hung over badly, just a little headache. Goody powder fixed that in a hurry. Momma is still in bed, who knows how she's doing. She got up to go pee and ask what I was doing up so early. I didn't have a good answer other than "I was done sleeping". There's about 3/4 of a margarita left in the blender from our Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Maybe I'll drink it in a bit, they were quite good and it seems a shame to waste it. Lots of ideas for today. We bought all the ingredients for some chicken chili yesterday. This will be an experiment, usually I like to use Heineken dark in it, but the store I used to get it from closed and I haven't been able to find it since!!! Guinness stout is going in this time, we'll see how that does. There's about two shots of tequila left too, that will go towards flambe'ing the chicken. After that gets going, I'm planning on taking the family on a rail excursion. I'm taking my camera along this time!!! I plan on going to Philippe's for lunch. I'm sure I've been there before, a LONG time ago, but not since I've become a fan of the sandwich that originated at that particular restaurant, the French dip!!! Something I did not know until I visited their site, the origin of the name is nebulous. It could either be because of the owner's heritage, the French roll that it was served on, or because the first person ever served one was named French. Interesting. I would like to make a stop in Chinatown, along the Walk of Fame, and at Universal Citywalk. We'll just see how much of that actually happens!!! Now, I'm off to get to cutting up chili ingredients so the whole house will smell good when we get home!!! And, possibly a little bit of margarita...

3 comments:

Serenity said...

Have a wonderful day Aye n Family! Even if you only see half of those plans through, it sounds like a pretty full day!

uexqpvpw: Under extreme excitement quiet people vigorously party wild

me said...

My God you have a steel tummy! Tequilla and chili the next day!!! Pardon my crudeness, but I'd need a whole roll of TP after that!

hehe
yuck that was bad.
: (

apnstl: Aye probably never steals tiny licorish

Serenity said...

I don't do Tequilla or chili. So, I'm safe! lol :D

tpjyfvi: Toilet paper Jiminy? You farted very interestingly!