Friday, October 28, 2005

I Love Thursdays!!!

One of the main perks of my job is that I do 4 ten hour days (although they're never only ten hours!!!) then get Fridays off!!! So, my Thursday is my Friday!!! Of course, by the time I've gotten through three ten-plus hour days, I'm pretty beat, and I do have school on Thursday nights. However, by the time I get home from that, and knowing I don't have to get up early the next day, I can usually go for quite a while after that, its a good feeling!!! Tonight I got myself a Rockstar energy drink before class so I wouldn't fall asleep in class. It worked rather well!!!

I'm taking my youngest up to Millard Campground tomorrow while the older is in school. He keeps wanting to go camping with me now. He's kind of young for it still, but I think we'll do an overnight in spring when the temperatures aren't getting down into the freezing 5o's overnight!!! Gonna hike up to the waterfall, I think he'll have just enough of it by the time we're done. Its been cloudy and feeling like it could rain at any time, but weather.com says its going to be clear most of the day. We'll see. Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows revisited!!! Which reminds me, that looks like an amusing movie, maybe I'll check it out sometime. Or buy a bootleg DVD of it in a week or so. I've been wanting to take the boys to see the Wallace and Grommit movie, maybe that'll happen this weekend. Stream of consciousness brought to you by Rockstar... I could go all day and night and then some!!!

I got a new motherboard and processor the other day. AMD 64, baby!!! I'll be rebuilding my PC this weekend. Hadn't made mention here, but last weekend I had an incident with my PC, the video cut out, and I couldn't get it to come back for a while. I tried all kinds of things, swapped hard drives, stole my son's video card, finally swapped my hard drive into his box and tried that. Kind of worked, then I touched the heat sink on the CPU of mine and realized that it was burning up after being off for around 45 minutes!!! I'm thinking the fan on it is going out, it has been making some funny noises. Still haven't gotten my son's working right, I'm not sure wherein the problem there lies, but I'm fairly confident that swapping in my old motherboard and memory will fix it just fine!!! My new motherboard supports 8x AGP video, which should help my performance. I currently have an 8x video card, but the motherboard only supports 4x. Still works OK, but they say doing it like this can inhibit performance. It also uses PC3200 DDR memory, so I've picked up a 512mb module to go with it. All together, it cost $125. They had a full computer in the same ad for $269 with a DVD burner and Windows XP operating system. I had been thinking for the difference in price I should just get that, but then got to thinking it doesn't have an AGP slot, only onboard graphics, so it'd never do for all the games my son plays. That, and it only comes with 128mb of memory, its gotta be a dog!!! I can't even imagine trying to burn a DVD with only that, bet it would about choke!!!

No comments: