Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!


What a weekend!!! I swear, I need another one just to rest up from this one!!! Spent most of the weekend pretty much as I thought I would. Took the youngest up hiking on Friday, rebuilt my comp and my son's on Saturday, and took my mom out for her birthday today. I got some pretty good pictures on the hike, one of which I used on my wallpaper page. I didn't get a chance to do that until this evening, so my halloween themed wallpaper page only gets one actual day. I had planned to do pumpkin carving on Friday night, but that didn't happen. I don't even remember what I ended up doing, but that didn't get done then.

First thing I did on Saturday was to tear into my comp project. The hardware part went fairly quick and easy, but my old operating system didn't like the new motherboard slipped under it!!! It would do a reboot every time it got about halfway started. That's kind of OK, it had a couple things broken on it anyway. I used the hard drive I got from Granny when I had rebuilt her comp so I could pull stuff I wanted to save off my "real" hard drive afterwards. It took a while, but I got it handled. The only part that didn't work right was the onboard audio. I swear, I have more problems with that than almost anything else!!! Solved that by throwing in an old PCI sound card I'd picked up a couple weeks ago and disabling the onboard sounds. A lot of good it does having six channel audio when it can't even get one to work!!!

While the operating system was installing I did some work on my son's. Once again, it went fairly easily, except for operating system problems!!! I had a copy of Windows 2000 I'd wanted to put on there anyway, but it didn't want to install the way it was for some reason. Ended up having to re-install 98, then put 2000 over that!!! Oh yea, it was able to work all the drivers for everything on his, except for the onboard sound!!! Wish I'd been able to pick up a couple more of those PCI sound cards!!! I imagine they're not too expensive. I originally had picked that up for my youngest's computer, his sound won't get straight either!!!

Took my mom to Polly's Pies for lunch, that was some good chow!!! Got home tonight and carved our pumpkins. And that was my weekend.

No comments: