Saturday, October 08, 2005

Don't Need A Weatherman To Know Which Way The Wind Blows

Been trippy weather the last couple weeks here. It usually happens like this towards the end of September where we get a little "Indian Summer" where it gets quite pleasant after having cooled down some. Towards the end of last week, tho, it heated up viciously, largely due to Santa Ana wind conditions (I don't remember their being a lot of those so far this year). Contributed to the many fires we've had out here. I could tell even before the weathermen said a thing about it because it messed up my sinuses. The first day I had some sneezing and a runny nose, but the next two days I woke up with terrible sinus headaches. Got better for a few days, then came back for the end of this week, too. The instructor of my class had taken an antihistamine and it had made him really sleepy. Better today though. Hope decent weather holds for a while, I'm taking a few days at the beginning of the week after this one and getting outta town!!! Gotta get my money's worth out of my wilderness pass. I'm really looking forward to it!!! Wonder if they're going to remember at my work that I've put in for vacation those days???

Lilly, thanks for sharing your "serious" blog with me!!! I think you're doing a good job with it so far, and I'll keep checking it out. I checked your ID number from that on Cool Numbers and it came out with a Universal Coolness Index of 96%, pretty good!!! Not that will come as too much of a surprise to you though, huh???

David Gray was on Letterman last night, and I recorded his performance of The One I Love. It was pretty cool, but my recording isn't the best, has a lot of static noises in the background.

I'm going to make more chili in the crock pot tomorrow. Got chicken this time for it, should be good. Sammy was talking about coming up tomorrow, that would be cool. He was talking about showing me how its done with the chili, guess we'll just see about that!!!

No comments: