Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What Part of "Crush" Don't You Understand???

I was at work until 9:30 last night getting a job ready to go. Two of the items on the run were new ones, that have an opening cut into the tops of them, for a distributor who our salesman calls "the Mister Magoo of packaging" LOL!!! Anyway, I'd told 'em from the beginning that we don't do that type of thing on this type of run, and the response I kept getting was "just run it, we'll "crush cut" the opening into it. I (and Sammy and Rafael) both keep contending its going to look like shit if you try that.
Anyway, when I finally got in to work this morning (8:20 instead of six, anyway) the first thing I hear is the plant manager saying they couldn't run the job because its crushing the parts, and it looks like shit!!! ROLLEN' MY FUCKIN' EYES!!! Actually, when he started I was telling him "let me guess, its looks like shit?" Long story short, we end up blowing more than half the day messing around with it and getting the machine going. Glad I get paid by the hour!!! Oh yea, I talked to the salesman who was the one who said to crush cut it to begin with, and he acted like he'd never heard of the project!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Actually, unfortunately, all too believable.

I'd just typed a big old paragraph on how my sister (middle child, myself being youngest) is now officially homeless, and the damned spellcheck just kinda ate it!!! Damned thing. Anyway, here's the short version cuz I aint typing all that again. My parents bought her a mobile home and she got evicted from the place it was on for hanging around the wrong people or some damned thing. My mom gave her $2000 to find a new place and she and her boyfriend pissed it away. My mom has been trying to help her for about as long as I can remember, and I think she's about at the end. At what point does it stop being helping and become enabling??? Its got to be hard being a parent in a situation like that. My heart goes out to the both of them.

No comments: