Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I had a pretty good birthday today... Considering I had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon this morning and ended up being at work until 8:45 to make up my hours. What made it good, really, was that all the people who are important in my life remembered and acknowleged it, for a change!!! Not that its a huge deal to me if its forgotten, but its always nice, ya know. The plus side to having to go to the doctor this morning, I was able to make it to Fry's Electronics before it, and pick up a 6-quart crock pot they had on sale for $15.99. My 4-quart one got broken a while ago, so now its replaced. Happy Birthday to me!!!

A few interesting things in the news I've noticed the last couple days. In the park I go by about a half mile from my work, there's what they thought was a cayman in the lake. Now they're saying its a gator. They're not usually indigenous to these parts. People had been feeding it tortillas and french bread. Another story on the front page yesterday was how the abortion pill has caused five deaths. My thought when I read it: Isn't that what its susposed to do??? Irony at its finest. The third thing I saw in the paper today, not a story but a print ad. The headline was something to the effect of "if you don't watch it, your T.V. will suck" referring to cable or whatever costing you money. My thought: If you do watch it, it will likely suck anyway!!!

No comments: