Sunday, August 14, 2005

Back on the right foot

I had a pretty bad day yesterday. Should have known not to go into work on Friday, one of my normal days off, it started my whole weekend off on the wrong foot!!! Tried to go to the bank, and they were just barely closed when I got there. Drove to the AAA to renew my tags (already late!!!) and they were closed. Took my wife to the beauty supply to get her some hair dye, and they didn't have her color. I'd parked in the lot across from the beauty supply store, and the rent-a-cop was on my case about not parking there (even though the lot was half empty at that end) and I'm going to have to move my car. I sent my wife across the street to the store and got in the car and began circling the aisle that I'd been parked on. I think that pissed the piece of shit guard off, he starting saying into his walkie talkie to call the police, loudly, every time I was circling by, and one of his asshole co-workers came over on the other end and was watching me going around and around. That part was actually pretty enjoyable, messing with the scary rent-a-cops!!! Anyway, after a pretty much bust of a trip out I came home and started cutting the lawn. Got about 3/4 of the way through, and the mower started bogging down, then quit altogether. I took it apart, and one of the brushes was out of place, and the magnet had a little piece broken off. I fixed it up, but one of the contacts to the windings was completely gone, and, while it worked, it was shooting off large sparks and no doubt knocking the remains of the brushes to pieces. Fortunately, I was able to finish off with my weed eater.

Today I found an ad in the paper for a camera phone at a decent price. Showed it to my wife, and she elected to get it for me for my birthday in two days!!! I'm looking forward to that, but I'm going to miss the flashlight that's built into my current phone. I used that a lot more than I would have thought. Took my firstborn to my parents house, they're taking him to family camp this week. Then we went over to my good friend Sammy's place. He'd bought a DVD burner, and it wasn't working exactly right (well, actually not at all). I checked it out, and apparently it was just a couple of the pins on the main plug got bent funny. Straightened them out and it worked fine. He grilled up some steaks (HUGE steaks) and green tomato salad and onions and mushrooms. Mmmmmmmmm!!! Then we played video games for a while. A much better day today!!! Hope this trend continues the rest of the week!!!

No comments: