Monday, August 29, 2005

And Home Again!!!

Back from San Diego!!! Vacations are nice, but its also nice to be back home when they're over. It was a good little weekend. The drive down there was kinda rough, but we made it there OK. After getting our stuff moved in we went to Silver Strand State Beach. It was already pretty far on in the afternoon, but it was cool. Nice beach, very fine sand and no rocks, and very flat going out into the water. The surf was very light, but there were still guys out there with their surf and boogie boards!!! The older went out pretty far several times, while the younger played in the sand with me quite a bit.

The next day we went to Sea World after breakfast, and stayed there all day!!! Me and the older went on the Atlantis water coaster, a smallish coaster, but fairly innovative. It has an elevator that the boats go up in at one point, very unexpected. They have a great penguin exhibit. Got to see the dolphin show, and get right down in the front row for the Shamu show. Not the best for viewing, but we did manage to get soaked, which was the main purpose behind sitting there. That brings me to another point I wanted to make mention of, on both the Atlantis coaster and the Shamu show, there was a group of black people, and they put on ponchos before!!! I don't get it, why would you sit in the "splash zone" and do something like that??? To me, its like taking an umbrella into the shower!!! Anyway, we stayed until 10:00 when they did the firework show. The poor younger one was so tired he would hardly stop crying the whole time we were going out into the parking lot. He had such a fun time though!!! I'm glad we got to go.

The main reason I didn't go down there on Friday and come back Monday was I had a physical therapy session scheduled that afternoon, but then I went and completely forgot about it!!! I did the same thing last Friday too!!! Guess I can't have an appointment in the afternoon and expect to make it!!!

On Saturday morning before we left, I went ahead and shaved my head down to skin. I've been wanting to do that for a while. It doesn't feel exactly like I thought it was going to. I think I've gotten that out of my system now, it took a lot of work to do, and it'll be a lot to maintain. Just had to try it, though!!! I think it would look pretty good, if my scalp were to get tanned so it matched everything else up there!!!

No comments: