Friday, December 09, 2005

"What did you steal???"


That was the question being posed to listeners on a radio program one morning this week. People were calling in with various thefts, and everything that made it past the screeners was fairly amusing!!! The among various things stolen were a Ronald McDonald statue, an 800 pound bell, the rims off a deadbeat friends' car, and a illegal immigrant crossing sign like this!!! I thought back to another perfect crime committed by myself and my good friend Sean back when I was probably 16 or 17. We, along with some other friends, had gone to a party at a gated condominium complex right across Pacific Coast Highway from the ocean. Even in the 80's those places were probably going for more than a million. It was incredibly boring and lame, we probably didn't stay more than a couple of hours all told. For some reason, we'd left at one point and returned later, I have no idea why. On one of the walks back out to the car, we noticed a sign on the block wall: "Warning: These premises patrolled by armed security patrol" We took that as a challenge I guess, and decided we must have it for our own. It took a little bit of doing to get it unfastened, and then we had to get it out to the car across a busy parking lot shared with a shopping and restaurant complex. It was sizeable. We laid it flat, covered it with our jackets, and carried it out to the car, feigning that it was incredibly heavy. We caught a lot of slick eye, and one person crossing our path said "looks like you've got a live one there!" LMAO!!! He had it hanging in his room for years after that, and then in his car hole.

Now I feel like doing something wild, impulsive, and possibly illegal. I have no idea what, but I'm feeling up for it. I'll keep you posted.

Until such time as that happens, please share your crime and theft stories here, and I shall live vicariously through them!!!

4 comments:

Lilly said...

bras. put the new one from the box on, put the old yellow one in the box and put it back on the shelf and leave. hahhahaha..
imagine the horror of the peron who opens that box!!!

Granny said...

Don't ask Don't Tell Policy in motion here....

Aye said...

Oh come on Granny, I'm sure the statute of limitations must have run out by now!!! If you can't do a little confessing here, where can you???

Granny said...

Ummmm... Forgive me Father for I have sinned and sinned and sinned and sinned....