Friday, December 16, 2005

Contrasts in Burgers

Two of my favorite burger places: Tommy's Burgers and In N Out. Don't ask me which one is better, because I love them both. You poor people east of the Rockies have no idea what you're missing, unless you've ever been out here and tried 'em. The picture is of a couple of Tommy's Burgers, the sloppiest, greasiest, messiest, and tastiest chili burgers you've ever seen!!! The chili absolutely makes these burgers. I always get an order of chili cheese fries with onions whenever I go there, too.

In N Out, on the other hand, has just plain ol' burgers. Their claim to fame is that they use the freshest ingredients, and their slogan is "quality you can taste", and I'm here to tell you, you can taste the quality!!! I don't know what it is about them, but they are some of the best burgers anywhere, bar none. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries and shakes are all they make there, but believe me, that's enough. I can't think of a time that I have ever been to one that there hasn't been a line. I remember going to one before they were open once, I'm thinking at 9:45 in the morning or something, and there were already 2 cars in the drive through waiting for them to open!!! Whenever I go there, I order mine "animal style" (with grilled onions).

That's where I went tonight after school tonight, In N Out. My stomach was growling during the finals. Almost 11 when I left out of there, and there was still a considerable line at the counter and at the drive through. I think I did quite well on the final tonight, and the instructor was pretty understanding about my missing items. I don't think I'll get quite as high a score as I did last semester, but I think I'll do well anyhow.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Hey Aye!!
Glad finals are over for ya and those burgers sound Awesome!!
While in Pensacola, there is a place called, "Whataburger"..and believe me they had it going on!!
I wish I could remember how much the biggest one weighed but they were just awesome..I love grilled onions..Hell, I love raw onions, creamed onions..etc...

We have a place here called, "Hot Dog Heaven"...This place has been written up in the paper MANY MANY times...It's expensive but it's soooooo good...http://www.hotdogheaven.com/hot_dogs.htm
Have a great day...I've missed you...xoxo