Tuesday, December 27, 2005

100!!!

Welcome to what is my 100th post here on Blogger. I can tell you've all been waiting for this momentous and special occasion.

I had wanted to send out special Christmas wishes to all my 'net buds, but I came down with a debilitating cold. After getting home Thursday evening, I mostly stayed in bed until Christmas day morning!!! I tell you, I haven't been this sick in AGES!!! I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm still coughing and snotting. I know what happened, I jinxed myself. A few weeks ago when Sammy and his family were sick, I told him, "don't worry about me, I've got a kick-ass immune system". He told me right then to knock on wood, I just jinxed myself, and damned if he didn't call it!!!

Anyway, apologies for that lapse. Hope you all had a good one!!! Thanks to Lilly and Susan for the merry Christmas wishes. Poor Granny, seems like some of the darkness within has hit her kind of hard, as is understandable during this season. My heart goes out to her.

My boys enjoyed the Christmas festivities, and the living room here still looks a bit like a catastrophic north pole industrial accident. We had originally planned on having Christmas at my parents house on the 24th, but that didn't happen, so they came up here on Christmas day instead. They brought all the gifts, as well as a lot of the food that had been left over from the day before. It was the first food I'd eaten since Thursday, and although I had little appetite and swallowing anything was very painful, it was certainly welcome. My mother and I both got near identical gifts for each other, sudoku puzzle books!!! My dad was thrilled with the custom milled aluminum license plate frame that I made for his Studebaker.

I took Nyquil for the first time that evening. I slept fairly well until about 3:30 the next morning, when I awoke with visions of unsolved sudoku puzzles in my head, and lines from David Gray's "Aint No Love";
'I feel the dampness as it creeps
I hear you coughing in your sleep
beneath a broken window pane....'

2 comments:

Granny said...

Hope your feeling better now Aye and CONGRATS on your hundredth post...
Although I've been reading all blogs but not commenting much,
I'm ready to pull my head out of my ass and I've missed you...

I sent you Christmas wishes in my funk as well BTW...

Lilly said...

sorry you've been sick. that asian flu is a bitch yo. (tee hee hee)
did you ever go to the doctor? hope by now you are feeling better.
glad the kids had a good christmas.