Thursday, June 30, 2005

Who's Responsible for this BULLSHIT???

I woke up on time this morning for a change. I've been late getting up and subsequently to work all this week until now. Would have made it right on time today except for some freeway bullshit. It was moving right along until after the ramp to the 5, where there was a sign off to the side that the Hill Street exit is closed for a police funeral. Fine, that should effect me in no way, but still I wondered what the hell they're doing that necessitates them having that ramp closed at freakin' 5:30 in the morning!!! WTF, did he want to be buried on the Hill exit??? At 5:30 AM??? Anyway, I detected the faint aroma of bullshit at that point. A bit further and there's flares closing the left lane (Hill is one of those rare, fucked up left lane exits), taking it down to only 2 lanes. Traffic starts backing up (which usually never happens at that ungodly hour). Just a bit further and there are two CalTrans trucks, one in the left lane and one in the middle lane with a giant amber arrow pointing to the right going along at maybe 5 MPH. INCREDIBLE bullshit!!! Naturally, with only one lane, traffic is close to a standstill. After getting around them, everyone is getting to the left and somewhat accelerating, but it was already slowed to fuck through downtown. When I was almost to work I heard a traffic report saying that a 3-car pile-up had been cleared through that area.... Umm, I didn't see any pile-up there, nor any debris, and I know if there was one between the time I drove and the time I got to work it sure shit wouldn't have been cleaned up by then. TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! You know, sorry you're dead and all, but thanks for messing up the commute for hundreds, nay more likely thousands!!!

Rock and roll A to Z continues on KLOS. Yesterday they were doing the E's. With the exception of Van Halen's "Everybody Wants Some", the E's mostly sucked from what I heard. They're on to F's when I resumed listening this morning, much better songs starting with F. Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend", followed by James Gang's "Funk 49". Then on to G, The Beatles "Get Back", The Doors nasty, raw, kick-ass version of "Gloria" (a welcome change after the white-bread wonder years version by Van Morrison that preceded it!!!) Now that's more like it!!!

No comments: