Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ugly-ass gutless worthless econoboxes

Making some progress... I think. I went to the doctor's on Thursday to get my back pain checked out. Had to leave work early to do that. Got the Scirocco checked out at a body shop for my insurance (which I really don't understand, they're not paying a thing on it, but whatever). When I was getting ready to take it to the body shop, came out and found it had a flat tire. Just one more thing. I suspect the drywall screw sticking about an inch out of the tire. Finally got to talk to the adjustor from the person at faults insurance, on Thursday too. Got to tell them that my car is unsafe to drive due to the fuel leak and ask them if they have a rental company that they work with. They referred me to Hertz. Got over there yesterday and got a rental going. Naturally, they want to put me in a comparable car, which they think is any old compact econobox. Almost got stuck in an ugly-ass Pontiac Vibe, but they changed it to a Kia instead. What a gutless wonder!!! The last half of the throttle travel seems to be worthless, it doesn't go any faster when you get into that area. I wonder if it would do better with a manual transmission, but I kind of doubt it. It has power steering and power brakes. I'm thinking maybe they should have put that power in the motor instead. I think its just too much fat for that little sewing machine motor to haul around. On the plus side, I haven't seen the gas gauge move. My wife's quote: "I never thought we'd have to drive a Kia". At least the seats are comfortable and the stereo sounds good. I wonder if the Vibe would have had more power.

I wonder how long until the adjustor looks at it and they make me a ridiculously low offer for the value. Then we'll be going around and around about the value.

I'll probably update my wallpaper page and do yardwork today. Can't think of anything else to write and rave about now, so check back later.

No comments: