Tuesday, June 28, 2005

He Scores!!!

I went to my parents house yesterday for dinner. My oldest boy had been invited to a birthday party at the Aquarium of the Pacific, so the rest of the family ended up going down there for that. My mom had invited us all over for chow, as it's a lot closer to their house than back to ours for all of us, especially during rush hour. As I pulled up I noticed the house across the street (former home of my childhood friend) had a huge pile of stuff out on the curb. I languidly wondered if they were moving or if it was a mountain of trash. I went in and said talked to my mom for a while (my dad is working at a camp for foster kids this week), helped her e-mail some pics, tried to track down my wife who we both expected to have been there by then.... Then she made mention of the people across the street throwing out a bunch of stuff, and there's a nice dresser in good condition over there.didn'tdnt really need one, but since it was all being tossed I decided to go over and check it out. There was a newer looking Hoover vacuum, a recumbent exercise bike, a twin bed.... No dresser, someone had already glommed that. Mostly stuff I had no use for, but there was one gem in there, a 33" TV set. We asked the lady of the house if it worked, and she said yes, only it makes a low hum when the volume is all the way down that no one else even hears, but it bugs her so they'd gotten a new one (probably a nice flat screen). I yanked that right out and took it on home, yea you bet!!! Haven't hooked it up to a source yet, but I plugged it in and messed with, and I hear no hum at all. I think that was an excellent score!!!

Because I haven't done any of the bitching about the stupid stuff at work yet, thought I'd get some of that in today. Here's one for you, the time on the phone system has been off ever since I started here in 2001, and it keeps getting farther and farther. Currently its exactly half an hour slow, so its pretty easy to calculate the time when you've gotten a message, or see what time it is when you use the clock on the phone, but how hard could it be to correct it??? OK, that's only marginally stupid, but there's more, better stuff.

My partner at work told me yesterday that he was checking out my WebPage over the weekend. A friend of his was looking at it and told him he should check it out. Apparently he's got it bookmarked and takes a look occasionally, likes the eclecticness of it, so at long last I have some validation that someone out there actually looks at stuff I post!!! Thanks for that!!! Note to any of you reading this, go ahead and leave some kind of comment or feedback for my further validation, LOL!!! So far my only commenters have been Lilly, One Eyeball, and Anonymous (who wrote "i cant make a comment". Come on Anonymous, you can if you believe you can!!! Thanks for that Anonymous, you are special from the others!!!)

KLOS, one of the stations I listen to, is doing rock and roll A to Z. I enjoy when they do that, you hear a lot of stuff you normally don't. I keep thinking I should put some bands on my profile, but I don't know if its unlimited space on there, I like a lot!!! Today they played Deep Purple’s “Burn”, Blue Oyster Cult’s “Burning for You”, and Bad Company’s “Burning Sky” all in a row, naturally. Also got to hear Springsteen’s “Cadillac Ranch” and The Kink’s “Celluloid Heroes”. Love it!!!

No comments: