Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Black Friday Random

Welcome to the Black Friday random post!!! Although, it will likely be Saturday before it is posted. I have much randomness in me, but I'm sure some will not make it into this post.

A little background as to why this is titled the Black Friday Random Post. Last week they fired one of us fillers, a longtime worker who was well liked. No love. In a show of mourning for this loss, almost all of us fillers agreed to wear black today.

Gene Simmons was on the Mark & Brian show the other morning. Interestingly, what he mostly talked about was the economy. He basically echoed what I've been saying, the economy isn't really that bad, and it's a GREAT time to buy up stuff!!! Thank you, Gene!!!

I wonder how Jerry Lee Lewis feels about the group The Killers.

A few weeks ago, a couple of times my water cup at work got tossed out. I hadn't been writing my name on it, I'm one of the very few who use the biggest cups. I discovered soon after that that it doesn't matter what you write on your cup, just so long as you write something, it doesn't get tossed out.

I bought a few Asian pears last weekend. They were on sale for a pretty decent price. I pulled one out of my lunchbox at work on Monday, and most everyone was impressed with them. Asian pears rock.


Did you know that Gene Simmons copywrited the image of a bag of money with a dollar sign on the side??? Clever, who would have thought to do that???

There was yet another lunch and learn the other day. It was about the plants and garden areas around the building. It was actually one of the most interesting ones I've been to.

A couple of the girls forgot to wear black today. One went home on her lunch break and changed. The other went to a store and bought a black shirt.



A while ago, my oldest made up a little sign out of notebook paper. It said, "HILLARY EATS PUPPYS". I thought that was great, and asked him if I could have it. I taped it to my tray at work. Not a lot of people noticed it, but those who do are always greatly amused.

While looking for an image to use on that topic, I found an image of a bumper sticker that goes with it nicely.

The first thing that I wrote on one of my cups was, "Touch my cup, and I'll break your arm!!!" I considered adding and expletive or two, but decided against it. Needless to say, EVERYONE wanted to touch it. The next day I wrote, "Go ahead... touch my cup... you know you want to!!!"

They should make Gene Simmons the Federal Reserve Chief.

They made quite a bit of progress on the bin structure addition at first. Doesn't seem like much has been done recently, though.

One of the orders I got the other day was for something called a "ball vibrator". Naturally, they ordered two of them.

Ever notice that every election year they tear up the roads most everywhere??? That'll get votes, block up traffic for months.

I find that putting a 512 on my cup is usually most effective. I've had to explain the mystery of 512 to several people because of this. I explained it to the new girl, and she didn't believe me!!!

I think part of the reason those Asian pears are so expensive is the packaging they use on them. Have you seen these??? They look like a Styrofoam fish net stocking!!!


Gene Simmons wouldn't be the Federal Reserve Chief. There's not enough money in it for him.

One time, a customer ordered an eye bolt. Just one eye bolt, nothing else. As I was packing it, I asked myself, "Who orders just one eye bolt???" A few minutes, the answer came to me: The Cyclops!!!

The back of my son's Hillary sign said, "Pick up after your dog". No one will see that now, because it's taped with that side down.

Today I drew a picture of an anchor on my cup, and put the lines, "You're an anchor on the line, of a clock that tells the time, That is running out on you" for Counting Crows' "Richard Manuel is Dead" (a deceptively upbeat tune, considering the title). I would have used a lyric from "When I Dream of Michelangelo", but I was unsure of how to spell Michelangelo.

One guy at work always dresses all in black. One of the girls, when we were planning Black Friday, said, "Be sure to let him know!!!"

When we were discussing Asian pears, one guy missed the beginning of the exchange. He asked what we were talking about, and I replied, "Asian pears." He had a blank look for a few moments, and I had to explain to him that I wasn't talking about two Asian dudes.

We drove the Falcon for the first time in a while a couple weekends ago. My younger boy noticed my 512 dome light, and asked if that was where I got the idea for 512. Chicken or the egg, boy.


When we were at the store last weekend (buying Asian pears, among other things) Counting Crows' "Daylight Fading" came on the sound system. I thought that was great, that they were playing a song with the lyric, "Well, I heard you let somebody get their fingers into you".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm not sure what to say and yet I have a lot to say about this post...but mostly your thought patterns, how you switch back and forth ..quite interesting, it seems as though an underlying issue tugs at you greatly.
peace baby!
:)
nrlqzmwy: never really let questions zoom, matter-of-factly within you

Jim of Pink

Bethany said...

I love the random of this post. In looking for things to distract me today, it was perfect! Gene Simmons, Asian pears, Hillary and small animals -- it's all pretty good, lol.

susan said...

Yes sireeee y'all make me root like a hog for truffels.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aye! I actually caught an episode of Oprah today and it was a show on, "waste". She, (Op's) eliminated all the styrofoam cups at Harpo, so the staff has to, "bring thier own cup" from now on. I kept thinking of you the whole time!
ANd how there could possibly be a future episode of Oprah about disgruntled employees putting all types of warning messages on thier cups because nitwit other employees were busing throwing other people's cups away! hehe

thought I'd share me thoughts

love ya!
pankage

ps. I would write on my cup:

There is always a chance that I may have a sexually transmittable disease
please don't touch my cup

then I'd get canned