Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Fall of Fort 7



It was a peaceful morning, a little foggy, but no figures broke the fog. All of a sudden, a big shadow came through the fog carrying the monthly rations and 20 troops. Fort 7's security gate opened, when all of a sudden, a mortar round broke the scilence and collapsed the trenches! A nearby Sargent yelled out, "Mortars!" as 5 more rounds hit the fort. Two tanks broke the fog and opened fired with the 50-mm machine guns mounted to kill oncoming troops. Fifty battle-ready troops advanced on the tanks while others mounted the fort's defence cannons and machine guns. Troops came from the fog carrying rocket launchers and C-4. Then, just as the first tank exploded, he fort's automatic sentry turrets activated and cut down the the fog-trooper's front lines and the fort brought out the 2 antitank vehicles they had stored in the gradges. All of a sudden, the fog cleared and 3 Osprey helocopters came through the air, heading for the fort. the anti-air guns opened fire just as the troop carrying a HAVOC nuke came into the fort, planted the nuke, and ran for the motorcycle stashed by the shed. The enemy troops retreated and the fort roared in victory. Little did they know that a HAVOC nuke was planted in the barracks.




The preceding short story was written by the oldest for a quick short story assignment at school. The instructor said it was even better than their own. I thought it was pretty good, too. I left the misspellings in, to present it in "as written" form. He's been asking me to post a link to his site on here for a while to get traffic going that way. Please click over. I think he has delusions about the popularity of my blog :Þ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! That was a great story oldest!
What a great writer. I clicked on over to the site but it wouldn't load all the way up for me. My puter is an ole dinosaur, sorry Aysters oldest dude.
great job on the story though, hope the barracks were safe and love the pics!
:)
pankish
ogawimz: Oh goodness another winters-day in my z-town

Doc said...

Hehe, very cute! A writer in the making, I can definitely apriciate that.

Bethany said...

Wow, that's very impressive. I totally assumed that was you writing until I got the explanation. Way to go oldest!