Saturday, April 19, 2008

Work Perks Revisited


Just a little update on some of the cool goings-on at work. I had my annual review this week. It has several categories that are ranked 1 to 5, with 1 being the best and 3 being meets their already high expectations. I scored two 1's and a 2, with the rest being threes. I asked about a few of the other categories, how I could possibly do better, and was given the answer that several of them were either go or no go type categories. Either you get it, or you don't. Not so easy to score better in those categories. Anyhow, this should translate into an even better raise than last time... in six months!!!


Something I didn't have in the last perks post was the annual outings. They may not have been posted at that point, but this year they have the choice of the golf outing, a gambling cruise (not real gambling, but for prizes), or lunch and showing of the play "Mask". I don't golf, so that was out. One of the guys said the restaurant for the play outing is excellent, and he usually ends up spending more than $100 when he visits. Also, it is local to me. However, unlike last year's outing to "Wicked", I hadn't heard rave reviews about the play, and didn't have a whole lot of interest. Of the three, the cruise sounded the best to me, so that is what I signed up for.


Earlier this week, there was a notice posted: We still have extra play tickets, drop your name in the bowl and we'll draw names to see who gets to go to this in addition to their selected event. I put my name in and was selected. Apparently, there were so many extra tickets that if you put your name in, you won. I think they were recalling the response that they received to the "Wicked" outing last year and ended up over buying. That happens this afternoon, perhaps there will be a review on it later.


The ticket drawing that was mentioned on the last perks post, I scored!!! I'm going to the NASCAR race!!! Whoo hoo!!!


The picture on this post is my cup from Friday. It's about as busy as I've ever done. I rolled it across my scanner as it scanned, and it came out pretty decent. The part about the sexually transmitted diseases was per Pank's suggestion. I used to always bring my own cup to my previous job, but they don't have good lids, a must. Good times, good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG! LOL LOL!
I didn't think you would really do it! Haha You got balls aye!
"Don't touch! I have cooties!"
Woulda been cool too, but ya know what! extreme measures are needed when dealing with One's cup, damn it!

I likey your courage!

Bravo, my brave pirate
*tip of the hat 2ya*

and I hope you get to go to Nascar...free
real soon

I want to see wicked,
heard it's awesome!
love,
pankage
gbwyd: George Bush wanks yellow dicks
haha

Aye said...

Everyone who read that part of my cup was greatly amused. You can't quite see it on there, because it's right on the edge of where it scanned, but I had clipped out from a warehouse comments slip, "SAYS THEY'RE SHARP". A customer's reason for requesting replacement parts. I thought it would funny if it were an order of cutter knives.