Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Midnight Rambler's Random Post



Went out to dinner and a movie tonight. I usually don't drink much soda, but I had three glasses of Mr. Pibb with dinner and a cup you can re-use as a wastebasket of it at the movie.


I tried to sleep, but it wasn't happening. My mind kept going, so I decided to try and put my latest random post together.


If I start to fade, I've got the couch for sleeping. It seems to have sedative properties.


Ironically, I'm reading Stephen King's "Insomnia" at the time.


I've started tracking some of the statistics about my work. I was thinking I could make a new blog of that. I could title it the world's most boring blog. Besides, I hardly keep up with this one, how would I do with a second??? I imagine not well.


My latest Wheres George hit was from Winnetka. Ironically, that is where my IP address shows up as being from.


419'ed again!!! From England this time. His business patners (yes, you read that right, spellchecker, patners) will fedex or USPS me payments, and I should western union money transfer to him. Why would not his patners just do the western union him the payments???


After reading the first of The Gunslinger graphic novels, my firstborn started in on the books. He's about halfway through the third book, "The Wastelands", right now. Quite advanced for his age, I say.


I filled an order from Alaska today. The guy's name on the order was Axemann. I thought that was a perfect name for a guy from Alaska.


I was also thinking of starting a Dream Blog. I rarely remember my dreams, but if I were to do that I might tend to remember better.


How come I can't find Mr. Pibb in cans or bottles???


Itunes is working better for me than Windows Media Player ever since I got the latest version of the latter.


Humming birds: The crack heads of the Avian world???


I got an E-mail from Dean Koontz that they will be coming out with an Odd Thomas graphic novel. Can't wait to see it!!!


I think that back in the Golden Age of Cinema, they used to have intermissions at the movies. Seems to me that would be a good idea these days more so than back then, what with movies pushing towards three hours and drinks pushing towards a gallon.


My parents got a fiber optic phone, TV and broadband package last week. I forgot to ask them how that is working out for them.


I got three comments from people today (well, yesterday now) about my lunch box. I should do a post about that someday when I am challenged and want to make a post.


614 unique hits, 684 total hits. 10.47% percent. Those are my current Wheres George stats.


The sofa is getting a tad threadbare. Well, a tad more. I'm considering re upholstery.


My cell phone company is so cool. They have sent me a shirt, playing cards, a Tyler Hilton CD, and threw a bowling party for subscribers. Got my wife a new model for Mother's day, even tho she's not my mother.


I really like that show, "How I Met Your Mother". I also like reading blogs. One of these days I should check out Barney's Blog.




A week ago at lunch break, one of the girls spotted a spider on the other table's leg. It was fairly large and THICK!!! I took a closer look, and it turned to watch me back!!! Crazy looking, iridescent green eyes (I thought, we all thought, turns out they're it's fangs). The chef came out a bit later and was messing with it, and it was putting it's front legs up like it was ready to fight!!! I finally researched it, turns out it's called a Daring Jumping Spider!!! (Photo by Patrick Edwin Moran)

Fracture was a pretty good movie. Seemed to kind of drag for the last third or so, tho. I wonder if it wouldn't have so much if I hadn't figured it out at around that point.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow that really was a random post! You know, I've never even heard of Mr. Pibbs... something makes me think it should be something like Dr. Pepper, but I'm thinking that's a really random though process. Maybe it's 'cause they're both named like people.

Axemann from alaska. I love it.

And dude... scary looking spider...

Anonymous said...

Hello Moon goddess and Aye, ya know it's so funny, this is the second time I knew exactally what I was going to comment and Ms. Moon Goddess wrote word for word what I was going to say. cool

so ditto with Moon Goddess except the spider comment. I actually envisioned it boxing and I really hope nobody hurt it. I love spiders. But not if they crawl on me...I would never hurt them,)well, once accidently) I just flip out if a bug crawls on me, I fly around sorta screamin...it's about the only really girly thing I do lol!

That spider is really cool looking.

jam pact post Aye!
:)
pk

Aye said...

Nobody hurt the spider, but one of the guys had a nasty spider bite a few weeks before, and everyone was telling him we'd found the culprit!!! It was one of the most amazing things I'd seen, how it would WATCH ya, it would turn so it was facing right at you, and when the chef was messing with it, it was almost like it was putting it's dukes up!!! He asked if it bit him if he'd turn into spider man.

Anonymous said...

:)
One tough spider~

It sounds cute with dem dukes up.
Spider bites can be pretty bad.
The spider will probably find a new home now, which would be better for all, unless it has babies oh no magine many of them!

purple
rain

Aye said...

Another interesting thing: I noticed that no one took late break outside after seeing spidey!!!

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the spider..

The ramblings, are so interesting!