Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Big Weekend

I need a big weekend
Kick up the dust
Yeah a big weekend
If you don't run, you rust.

This is my big weekend recap. It was actually quite cool.

If you go back all the way to Friday, where it all started. I drove the Falcon to work for a change. (side note: I need to take more pictures of the Falcon!!!) Only AM radio, but it is such a fun car to drive!!! A big part of the reason I drove it is because gas is usually around fifteen cents a gallon less by my work.

On my way out from work my phone rings. It's my wife. She says she has a surprise for me, turns out one of my boy's friends mom invited both of the boys to spend the night with them, so we've got a kidless evening. My good friend Sammy (who I sadly don't see that much these days) had called, and turns out he's got a couple of extra tickets to the Dodgers-Cubs game!!! Nice seats, looking straight down the third base line. Straight home, then straight to the stadium. Dodger dogs for dinner!!! It was a good game, even though the Cubs lost. Dodgers dominated at the beginning, Cubs rallied to take the lead, then the Dodgers had to play catch up. Won 9-8. I think it's probably the best, most action packed live game I've ever seen.

Saturday I finally deposited the tax refund checks in the bank. That's a story in itself, suffice to say that my bank has made its way onto my short list. I wasn't going to let 'em bring me down, tho. Picked up some oil and filters for the cars and did oil changes, then did a little modification on my irrigation system. Both of the hose bibbs were leaking around the valves, and the south one I've got one of those Y adapters for two hoses on, so you can turn off one or the other. Never worked that well, so I bought three new valves, a tee fitting and a 90 degree elbow. Put the tee on the south one, and put a valve on either side, and the elbow on the other one, so now the hoses are actually pointing down instead of out. I'm very pleased with the results. Later on that evening, I saw that "Kill Bill", volume one and two, were going to be on. I had yet to see either, but it has been on my list of movies to watch. They were very well done, but I fell asleep during volume two.

Sunday we went to Carl's Jr. for lunch. I had read an article in the paper that they are bringing legal action against Jack in the Box over their insinuation about the unsavory whereabouts of their Angus burger meat origins. Made me want to eat at Carl's Jr. is all it did for me. Turns out they have a Hawaiian burger on the menu now. I had to try it, and it was pretty decent, but I think I would have rather had a Western Bacon Cheeseburger. After that we stopped by Comics Factory in Pasadena. I haven't been keeping up on the Gunslinger comic books, and two more have come out since the last time I was there. Something cool happened while we were there, too, the sound system in the place played two Counting Crows songs back to back. One of them I think it was the first time I've ever heard it not on my comp or stereo. When I got home, "Kill Bill", volume two was on, so I got to see the last of that.

Monday we went to Sammy's house and barbecued. The boys really like his cat, Tyson (Pictured above, a big Cubs fan, too). Played Frisbee football, did a bool hunt with the kids, and went for ice cream. Good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok wait so I'm confused ...been goin around lately.

Anyway, you had a chance to be alone with Nam all night and you chose a game instead? That's where I got confused dear.
kfgtfv: Kid fartla-roy got tonguey for Vera

cool cat in a hat dude!
wuv
pnk

Tammy said...

Loved the cat in the hat!

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the cat!

Everytime I hear the counting crows I think about you..