Friday, May 04, 2007

Like A Family


One of the guys I work with has made some observations over the course of several weeks that I thought I would share here, for lack of anything else of interest having happened recently.


One of the other guys we work with comes out to the outside tables where we usually take our breaks one afternoon. "Hey, does anyone have any change they can spare???" A couple people gave him some, and he thanked them and scurried back inside to the vending machines for some snacks and soda. As he got back inside the building, this guy made the statement, "He's like a little brother, always hitting everyone up for change!!!"


Another of the people in our crew is a young lady. She has a mouth on her like a longshoreman, and plenty of attitude to go with it, but she's sweet and endearing, too. Most everyone gives her a hard time at one point or another about something, always in fun and to get a reaction out of her. One day after she went back inside, this guy observed, "She's like everyone's kid sister, everyone picks on her, but you can tell they like her!!!"


Another day, we were eating lunch. He had his fill, but had a nutty bar left over. He asks if anyone wants it. Everyone turns him down. He turns to me (I happened to be sitting next to him) and starts going, "Come on, Aye, you know you want it..." I had really had my fill already, but it did look good, so I took him up on it. As I was indulging, he says, "He's like my kids, you can tell when they want to snack something, even if they say they're not hungry, and you can talk them into it... easily!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the nutty bar good?
pnk

ylvya: Yoodles, laughter, valleys, yellow Ayester

Aye said...

Yes, it was quite good. He was right, I did want it but didn't want to overdo it on my belly!!! Nice thing about my job, tho, I can pretty much eat anything I want with all the excersize I get in!!!