Thursday, December 14, 2006

Superior


Today there was a grand opening for a new store in the neighborhood. This is on the location that there used to be a store, until sometime last year. It will be nice having a store there again, it is much more convenient than the one we've been going to.

I like all the neon on the old art-deco front facade, and the inside is nice, too.

The place was packed this morning when my wife went there. It was packed when I was heading home and decided to stop in to take a look and some pictures!!!

They're either going to need more parking spaces or less popularity.

I think a lot of people in the neighborhood are tired of the lousy service at Food 4 Less and are thrilled that there is now an alternative. The prices seem not a lot better, but they have some sale items for less.

Ummm, do my eyes deceive me, or do they already have a couple of the letters in "enter" burned out???

I walked around taking pictures for a while, until a plainclothes store security with a lip piercing came up and told me that I had to put my camera away. "This is SO going on my blog!!!"



I guess the chickens aren't the only ones watching!!!

3 comments:

Granny said...

Looks like a kewl store.. WTF was the prob with pic taking?? Afraid you were gonna steal an idea or two and open your own store or sumpfin??
I was at a park here and came upon the band shelter, where later that evening they were having a Shakespear play.. I was taking pics of the men on scaffolds, etc.. when a woman approached me and told me I couldn't take pics... I was in an OUTDOOR area! WTF.. Believe it or not, I said, NOTHING.. I was enjoying the day and she wasn't going to ruin it...
As I walked away I saw her approaching a man, telling him the same...

Bethany said...

I've never actually gone to a store's Grand Opening. Sounds like a neat idea though. I love that you posted the pics that they growled about you taking. Way to go against the authority!

Lilly said...

The camera police are errrywhere. Damn them to hell.

Glad you got a store close by. It's a nice 'un too!

hahaha @ the camera police.