Sunday, December 10, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy...


It's been that way for the last several days!!! Busy, but good. Wednesday they had lunch at my work for my department. Great food, good times.

Thursday I took my personal day from work, as I had an appointment with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, regarding the way they had held up my final checks (read all about it here). Not surprisingly, those scum bags had not given them the whole story. I filled in the blanks for them, and ended up getting paid. Call it severance or a little bit of an early Christmas bonus. Of course, I don't have it in hand yet, but if it doesn't come through I have a feeling that the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement will not let them slide. For exactly that reason, they want the check mailed to them, then they send it on to me. Said they would mail the check today, but I've heard that song and dance for the last year or so that I was there!!!

Yesterday we left the boys with some friends and went to do a little shopping. I'm surprised at how much we spent!!! That evening we left them at my parent's house for the night, and we went to my company's Christmas party. That's where the picture is from. It was great, open bar, good eats, elegant surroundings. I only saw probably less than a dozen of the crew that I work with there, but it was still cool. They had a band there that was quite woofy. I could go on...

Today was my niece's birthday party. It was at a place called John's Incredible Pizza. I had never heard of the place, and it's a ways out, but it was GOOD!!! Buffet style, with a great variety of different pizzas and salad bar and pasta and fries and dessert bar, as well as rides and games. Beats the hell out of Chuck E. Cheese's!!! They had this one kind of pizza, spicy peanut butter pizza, sounds bad, tastes good. I could go on, once again, but the hour draws late...

3 comments:

Lilly said...

That is great news!

The pic is great! You guys look maaarv-e-ous!!

Glad that your world is busy busy busy.. and things are A OK!

Its pretty good here on the east side also... :)

Granny said...

Great Pic!
Great Words!
Glad your busy and havein some fun as well...

Things is purddy good here in Central.. :-)

ZZRGR: Zingers Zap Raunchy Granny, Really!

Bethany said...

Oh that is so nice! Way to go.