Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Festivus

I happened to be looking for an old post tonight and came to realize that today was the day that the official observance of Festivus was to take place. Strangely enough, it was the day that had been designated for the family-wide get-together for Christmas.

On Friday, everyone at work seemed to have a little extra spring in their step, a little twinkle in their eye.

I saw a guy on the news the other day at the airport in Denver. He was saying how mad he was. The nerve of the weather, being inclement!!!

Do you have any idea how much 5,000 single edge razor blades weigh???

I got my bonus on Friday. Of course, so did everyone else. Maybe that was why everyone was going around looking like they'd just gotten laid. It was exactly where I had predicted, only less on the bottom line. The Man do take his chunk.

What are the differences between being a geek and being a dork??? Is there a quiz that you can take to determine which one you exhibit more characteristics of???

I seem to be staying up later and later these evenings recently. Insomnia??? Or is it because the boy is out of school for a few weeks and there isn't so much noise in the mornings???

I heard that one year on bonus day, our employees shut down the bank branch that issues our checks. Ran their asses out of money and they had to close their doors for the day. Ha!!!

Mad about the inclement weather at Denver??? Try hiking up Mount Hood, asshole. Your attitude made me dislike you and feel delight at your plight.

Forty pounds. That's about what 5,ooo single edge razor blades weigh.

I aint mad at the man for taking his chunk, mind ya. Anything I get is gravy at this point. Of course, one can never have too much gravy.

I bought a pizza on Friday night. I had been craving meat and cheese on the drive home. The flap on the box said "Dinner now. Breakfast tomorrow." Well said.

It rained sometime Thursday night, before I got up. None of the weathermen had predicted any kind of rain. I certainly didn't order any rain. Good thing it was gone by the time I got up.

One of the rituals that signals the end of Festivus is the feats of strength. Festivus is not over until the head of the household has been wrestled to the ground. My father and I were wrangling for the remains of the pecan pie.

I found a slip of paper on the floor at work the other day that said "Can do!" on it. I cut that part out and taped it to my tray. It shall be my motto.

I updated my wallpaper page for the first time in months this morning. A very cool image I found a while ago. Check it soon, it's seasonal.

My newspaper deliveryman has sent me two things thanking me for my tip. I've never tipped him. Is that presumptuous, or is someone else tipping him in my name???

Damn, that Christmas tree is THIRSTY!!!

Everyone clapped for everyone else when they were called up to get their bonus check. I counted more that sixty people in my department, then stopped counting. One guy did and end zone dance as he went up to get his check, and gave the supervisor (the newest one, he's been there less time than me) who was handing 'em out a big hug instead of a handshake like everyone else.

Where the hell are Gonk and Eyeball???

My newspaper deliveryman is probably one of the few who actually witnessed the rain. Maybe I will send him a little tip. Around the time I get my tax refund. Or maybe I'll send him something on Cinco de Mayo.

How does anyone know if clams are really happy???

Damnit, I started this post on the official day of Festivus, but now it's well into Christmas eve. Change the reference in the first lines to read the 23rd is Festivus.

why does google have kangaroos around their logo today???

I don't mind The Man taking his chunk. I'll have it back come April 15th, and then some, yo!!!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Have a great Christmas!!
and a Wonderful New Year!!

Mad Max said...

That is a great picture on your wallpaper page, Aye.

Doc said...

Oh that was terribly random lol. But that's ok, it was plenty fun! Merry Christmas.

Lilly said...

great writing aye!

glad you got your cabbage.. STICK IT TO THE MAN on April 15th!

Aye said...

Haha, yea well it is ÃÝË's random ravings!!! It was about the most random I've gotten in a while, and I rather enjoyed doing it like that. I was coming up with points I thought semi-blogworthy all the day I was preparing to post it, and just made a little one or two word note about whatever was on my mind. Kept it random, it did, even if I did sometimes circle around to the same point again and again.

ZCNTHX = Zelma can never thwart horny Xaiver

Lilly said...

aye, never feel bad about talking in circles... take it from me.. the best talker in circles person in the universe.. or so i've been accused. haha.

WhoIs Asking? said...

I'm alive too ... spent the past few days trying to remember what my stupiddumb password is!!

New post coming up in a bit

riwrv = ravens in washers rarely vanish