Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Cali Adventure


Took the family to Disney's California Adventure yesterday. It was a lot of fun, although if I were to have to choose between Disneyland and California Adventure I'd go for Disneyland in a heartbeat. One plus to California Adventure is that they have a few places that actually serve alcohol!!! We had dinner at a place that has an extensive wine list, and bought a $23.00 bottle of zinfandel. Both my wife and I agreed in retrospect that a second bottle of wine might have been in order.

The place is kind of a rip off for younger kids!!! A LOT of the rides have height requirements that kept they youngest off them. The first ride that we went on was the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a nicely themed free fall ride. I'd never given it a thought, but my boys have never seen an episode of Twilight Zone!!! We had to take turns watching the younger and riding with the older boy, and by the time that I got off the ride with the older boy, he'd pretty well memorized the intro!!! We were relating plot lines of various episodes to him on the way home, and he was fascinated. I downloaded a couple of episodes, and he enjoyed them. Funny how it can go from common knowledge to obscure in one generation.

I had gotten fast passes to the river rafting ride they have there, Grizzly River Run, around 1:00 PM, but it wasn't valid until 6:40!!! Wouldn't you know, by the time they were valid it was overcast and cool out, and the regular line was almost a walk-on!!! I rode it twice, and got fairly soaked.

The last ride that we went on was "Soaring Over California", a very well done hang gliding simulator with a hemispherical screen. The first time we'd gone there my wife didn't get a chance to ride it, but she was able to this time. It's really one of the better rides there, with the line to back it up!!!

I asked the younger what his favorite thing was, and he said "the ride on the tram" (from the parking lot to the entrance of the park!!!)

4 comments:

me said...

LOL! The children usually like the tram ride. I remember they had a safari ride all the way around Disney in Florida. That was me and my oldest son's favorite ride too!
You guys do some pretty cool stuff with your kids! It sounds like you had a great time and you and Naomi
too, that's wonderful Aye.

whlweph: Wally Hoofwinkle left whacky Eduardo pruning hedges.

susan said...

Hahahah! "the ride on the tram".
I was born and raised in California, the only adventure park I ever visited was POP-Pacific Ocean Park once when I was a kid.
I like your pic, can almost smell the place.

Serenity said...

LOL LOL! The ride on the tram. Isn't that just like a child?

Stop and think about it. You can get a young child a present, and although they like it, they prefer to play with the box that it came in. Such is childhood joy.

I'm glad that you and Naomi do things like that with your children. Makes for some great memories for you all.

Lilly said...

More good stuff aye.

Trains RULE!!