Friday, April 14, 2006

The Deluge

The meteorologists kept predicting rain for today. I didn't really think it would after the last couple of days of clear skies and warm temperatures. When I came home last night it was still so warm that we left the front door open until after 9:00. Before I went off to bed, however, I peered out the window to see if perhaps fairies had placed a ring around the waxing moon. There was no ring to be seen, but instead low clouds racing across the face of the moon. Indeed, it was raining when we left out today. Taking a page from Granny & Lilly's playbook, I took along my camera to see if there was anything that needed its picture taken. I was soaked several times throughout the day, but I got some good pictures, I think.



Here is a shot of a most unique lamp post. Not especially good looking, but crazy looking with the pigeon deflections coming out from the top!!!

You can't tell from the picture, but these are wild parrots. There are large flocks of them, and they are quite noisy as they fly about.

We had been heading back, but the freeway on ramp was blocked by a disabled car and a tow truck. We got turned around, and made a stop at a park along the arroyo.

It didn't rain all day, the sun was peeking through for a good part of the later half, but it came down good several times in between. We made a homemade pizza with a corn meal crust when we got home, the perfect dinner for a rainy evening.

4 comments:

Granny said...

lOVE THE PICS AYE!!
Also have a GREAT pizza recipe made with bisquits...The kids'll love it...Vanessa always did and begged me to make it every weekend..
Woulda put this recipe on a new blog I was tryin to create but I got lost and couldn't do it..
Sunds kinda yucky ( bisquits ) but it's awesome, I tell ya! Lemme know iffen ya interested...

KILTCJ: Keep Illicit Lollygagging Totally Close, Jack!

susan said...

That last pic looks like South America somewhere...maybe it's just been a very long time since I've been to Southern California.
A good rain washes all the dust off everything, wish we would get a good rain here. My truck is covered with yellow-green pollen dust.
Thanks for the weather update and the great photos.

Serenity said...

Love the pics Aye! Gotta love a good rain :) Very parciliuar looking lamp post. Never saw one like that before

Lilly said...

good stuff LA guy.
thanks for sharing it.