Friday, April 07, 2006

Africa


My parents took off Monday evening for a trip to Zimbabwe, Africa.

The flight ends up being 40 hours!!! 20 over to England, a four hour layover, then 20 more hours to Zimbabwe!!! That's almost too long to be flying.
They are going down for three weeks altogether. They are going to be volunteer assistants at a hospital down there for something like 10 days. One of their friends did this a while back, and ended up midwifeing a birth. My mom is hoping to be able to do the same. I hadn't realized that part of the reason they are doing volunteer work like this is to be able to claim it as a deduction on their taxes!!! Very clever. Did I ever make mention that my dad made a second trip down to New Orleans??? I'm thinking not.
They are going to visit a game park and Victoria falls while they are down there, too. I purchased a 512mb memory card for my camera last weekend that I loaned to my dad. He has two more, as well as a gig and a 16mb and 128mb. Hope he fills 'em all up with good pictures!!!

Oh yes, speaking of pictures, I should note that these are from Dimijian Images. Great pictures!!!

5 comments:

me said...

Wow! These pics are amazing Aye! Your parents are quite the adventurous ones! That's so cool to go to Africa.
I can't wait until you post the pics!
dwaozkkq: Daffy Waffy astounded Oliver Zoliver Kicking kackling
quirkily
Ta da!

Serenity said...

Gorgeous pics.. I am in envy!
But, be just my luck, I'd go to Africa and a baboon would try to have it's way with me. I'm lucky like that. lol *gulp*

Love the pics Aye! Keep em coming!

pykzcr: Pank, you krazy zebra chasin rebel!

Granny said...

AWESOME SNAPS!
You have a couplea great parents Aye..Glad they have this opportunity and glad to see the pics...THANKS!

TEBER: Totally Embarassed Bartenders Eat Rears..

Lilly said...

Africa. The Mother Country.

Oh how i would love to go there.

susan said...

Does your Dad blog, or mlog?(whatever you call it)
Great pics, can I steal them?