Sunday, July 30, 2006

Wahoo!!! Owwwww my Balls!!!

Off on another local restaurant review today!!!

Last time we went and gave blood, they gave us a couple of free meal coupons from a place called Wahoo's Fish Tacos.



I got the same thing the time before, but I never looked into it. Its a very casual spot, too casual to finish words you already know how they are gonna end, like "Month"!!! LOL!!! Its done in a surf and snowboard motif, with stickers everywhere!!! So when I looked up on the wall and saw the tennis dress worn by Venus Williams up on the wall, it made perfect sense!!! It looked like the right boob was kinda dirty, I wondered if she'd done a boob-plant in the game she'd worn it in or something. Then I realized that it was her signature. Ah ha. Great food, along the lines of fresh-mex. Priced a bit more than fast food, but well worth it if you're getting a couple of free plates. Fresh white rice and a pile of either black beans or Cajun beans. Overfilled, double tortilla'ed tacos. No breading over the fish, making it a fish stick taco a la Del Taco (Oh, but those are tasty!!! Gotta be good for you, too, right??? It is fish, after all) I think I'll probably be going back, likely after the next time I donate!!!


I noticed on the sidewalk on the way back to the car someone had put in a message of peace... but what I found especially intriguing is that there was a "W" over the peace sign!!!

After another stop, I was trying to get the oldest to move along, when I looked back and saw him nicely framed. Perfect photo op, great neutral foreground, simple enough background!!! Get the younger up there too, and thanks for helping me "see" that shot!!!

I holding off on that idea I had of making a blog of bad drivers, I saw there's a guy already doing it!!! It seems pretty cool so far, like something I'd do :Þ Maybe I'll be a contributor to it...


There was a tiny lizard on the steps on the way into the house. He moved quickly, but not wisely. My boy has him as a little pet for a couple of days, he's always good about returning them to their habitat.


And my poor balls!!! I don't know what's happening, but my very cool and longtime used Microsoft optical trackball (for years my favorite input device) has developed some kind of problem with my computer. It starts out fine, but after 10 minutes or so it makes the USB disconnect noise, usually followed by the re connect noise, then works for another few minutes. Next time it does this, it shows a USB device not recognized and it won't work. Sometimes unplugging it and re plugging it works, but usually not for long. I had an old one of the exact same model that had been getting a sticky ball. Other than smoothness of operation, it worked fine. I tried it out, and it does the same thing!!! I suspect something on the comp or USB end. The thing has always plugged and played, so I don't think I could update drivers to fix it. This is a disturbing trend. I have a wireless optical mouse on my comp, too, but sometimes it acts stupid on the clicks. I have a touch pad that I used to use, maybe I'll do that again. But I like my ball!!!

3 comments:

Mad Max said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It was a lucky shot, I almost didn't get my camera up before he was gone. Even luckier that I caught up to him. Luckiest was that it wasn't a real cop out to get his quota!

Granny said...

Great Pic of the boys..
Don't think I could do fish tacos.. We have a place here that has um..just never could do it..
I hope your balls quit hurting soon..lol..

Lilly said...

Nice stories and pics.
the "W" over the peace sign IS interesting.. i have no clue as to what it could mean.
I wont be eating any fish stick tacos so there will be more for you.
Nice to see you and your family enjoying yourselves!