Sunday, July 23, 2006

Summer Heat

I think it was the hottest day of the summer so far. We had a birthday party to attend, being held in a park.
There was a bridge to the other side of the stream (the same one that we had hiked along a few weeks back). My youngest and I went to investigate.
The chain link fence was pulled back just on the other side, allowing us to get as close as we had ever been on this segment of the river.
The far side of the bridge was covered in ivy. Much of it was clinging to the underside, out of the sun. I wise choice!!!
A bird came down for a drink. Important to keep hydrated on hot days.
We had the opportunity to play the home version of "Will It Float???"

A water fight provided welcome relief,
as did a water balloon fight.
This is the first time I had ever seen a pinata stick break. Someone buried it Elmo's back, I see.
By that evening, some cloud cover had developed, and a cooling breeze began to kick up.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Awesome pics Aye... I love the sunset... Hope your stayin cool..

Lilly said...

Excellent photography sir.
It was a pleasure to wake up and view this first thing this morning.